72103_La15_004.jpg
72103_La15_005.jpg
72103_La15_006.jpg
72103_La15_007.jpg
72103_La15_008.jpg

Link on album:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/v5na6hza/

Article on scalemodels.ru:

http://scalemodels.ru/articles/11854-obzor-Mars-Models-1-72-sovetskijj-istrebitel-la-15.html

Inside topic:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_73047.html

download link on pdf instruction.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It certainly does. But getting hold of their stuff seems impossible. Is easy enough when your internet connection isn't updating itself and links work. Oops. Thanks for the correction V.P. :blush:

Edited by SleeperService
I'm an idiot.

I have La-15 from clean VES, VES repack from  Czech Coopervtiva, somewhere there was awful Moldavian UNDA, and vacufrom Aviastend.
From all this Mars Models has released the most worthy
set!
Vacuform of La-15 has scale
the fuselage about 1/68 or 1/67 but not 1/72 and more approaches La-168/176 but not La-15.
Moldova UNDA has lifted
rivet as cucumber and inside panels lines
as Matchbox. Thus at Moldavian La-15 the made narrower nose.
VES/Cooperativa has been very well conceived, but quality injection just awfully. Besides, VES/Cooperativa stabilizer and outdate quality specification inside has problems with geometry.

Mars Models good set but not ideal. The producer for some reason hasn't made  belts on ejection seat, also  guns are cast together with the fuselage (what for?). Therefore you should take fastened belts from any producer of photoetching, and to remove guns if you want to put more reliable imitation from thin tubules.
These are the only shortcomings of set which seem to me from a box. Also empty a nose wheel bay, but on it is practically not present any information.

In general, I will repeat, now it is the best La-15 set from available in the market. 

Besides a joint the fuselage such that in a case 
aftermarket jet engine RD-500/Dervent maybe make high detail   La-15 with engine.

B.R.

Serge

• Thanks 1

I'm almost finished La-15 from Mars Model - its were not easy to fit two sides fuselage parts and upper part + wing - even even need clamp to fix - that the fuselage has met in a circle profile. 

La-15%20MM.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, kotey said:

I'm almost finished La-15 from Mars Model - its were not easy to fit two sides fuselage parts and upper part + wing - even even need clamp to fix - that the fuselage has met in a circle profile. 

La-15%20MM.jpg

Andrey, according to you, this problem has occurred because of:
- mistakes in design molds;
- plastic deformations model at her dredging from a  mold because of high temperatures;
- your mistake, if "yes" that what?
- other reasons... if this point, then what according to you.

Whether it is possible to make according to you something not to allow emergence of the problem shown on your photo? 

My English from the translator therefore in misunderstanding avoidance I duplicate the message in Russian.

Андрей, на твой взгляд, эта проблема произошла из-за:

- ошибки в проектировании пресс-форм;

- деформации пластика модели при выемке ее из пресс-формы из-за высоких температур;

- твоей ошибки, если "да" то какой?

- других причин...если этот пункт, то на твой взгляд, каких?

Можно ли, на твой взгляд, что-то сделать, что бы недопустить появления проблемы показанной на твоем фото? 

B.R.

Serge

• Thanks 1

Надо очень четко примерять собранную кабину ко всем трем деталям фюзеляжа, чтобы она (кабина) не мешала сойтись им в идеальный круг и оставаться в виде круга пока сохнет клей.

It is necessary very accurately to try on assembled cockpit to all three details of the fuselage, that it (cabin) didn't prevent to meet him in an ideal circle and to remain in the form of a circle all time, when glue dryed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 01.04.2018 at 10:28 PM, Dennis_C said:

I wonder why they could not adopt more traditional approach with two-halves fuselage and separate wings?

Because, they wanted to save the modeler from having to set the angle of the wing down.

In addition, it is considered that the technological solution when the cylinder is assembled from three parts and not from two (previously applied to the nozzle of the Su-17 Modelsvit) it allows to achieve connections without the need to process the joints inside the cylinder. 

It's my supposed.

B.R.

Serge

On 03.04.2018 at 7:04 PM, Dennis_C said:

Still do not see why they could not do normal fuselage with an insert in mid-fuselage with wings. Like Airfix did with 1/72 Gnat for example.

Because Wile.E. Coyote (genius, super genius, have brain) 

Wile-E-Coyotes-card1.jpg

work in this company how head designer injection mould !

:):)

B.R.

Serge