1/48 F-16 Arctic Aggressor splinter paint scheme

DDELK

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a illustration of the splinter scheme(black/white/grey). I want to paint this scheme but can't find anything to use as a guide for painting. I've only seen some photos of the top of aircraft, but no pics of the underside. If anyone has a link or some illustrations I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

dave

No, they have started coming out with the Splinter Scheme.. they have hard edges all around. If you google Nellis AFB F-16 splinter scheme, you'll see what I'm talking about

thanks though!!

dave

8 hours ago, DDELK said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a illustration of the splinter scheme(black/white/grey). I want to paint this scheme but can't find anything to use as a guide for painting. I've only seen some photos of the top of aircraft, but no pics of the underside. If anyone has a link or some illustrations I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

dave

I haven't seen any pics of the underside yet, when the first shot was released I emailed Jim at Aeromasks  http://www.advmodprds.com/ to ask if he'd consider doing a mask set and he said he would but needed reference shots for it. It is a great scheme .

I just found that "two Bobs" will be releasing a set on 5/19/17.. it's not the black/white/grey scheme but instead it's the blue/grey/white scheme. I think the patterns are the same, do I guess I could just paint it like I want.

dave

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DDELK said:

I plan on building the 64AS, as I only live a few miles from Nellis AFB.

dave

In that case, may I invite you to check out the latest Aggressor sheet released by Bullseye? No arctic splinter but it does have the splinter scheme reminiscent of the one worn by the Su-35. Bullseye was formerly known as Afterburner Decals so you can't go wrong with their quality.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/bma48003.htm

bma48003.jpg

Mark

From checking the pictures I have of 86-0263 and 83-1159, the schemes are similar but not quite the same. There are differences in where the demarcation lines between the colors go; how far forward etc

So no, not directly applicable without aligning with reference photos and still you don't have all the decals you need for an 18AS Agressor Viper  

I havedecided to just go with the blue/white/grey scheme and save my self the headache. I would do a WIP for everyone to see but I can't figure out how to download photos from FLICKER via my iPhone. Thanks for the help everyone.

dave

2 hours ago, DDELK said:

I havedecided to just go with the blue/white/grey scheme and save my self the headache. I would do a WIP for everyone to see but I can't figure out how to download photos from FLICKER via my iPhone. Thanks for the help everyone.

dave

Having built this for the F-16 STGB I can't recommend this http://www.advmodprds.com/am48-118.html enough, it makes life so much easier.

Stephen

On 5/10/2017 at 4:11 PM, DDELK said:

I just found that "two Bobs" will be releasing a set on 5/19/17.. it's not the black/white/grey scheme but instead it's the blue/grey/white scheme. I think the patterns are the same, do I guess I could just paint it like I want.

dave

The tail codes are in white...

I tried going to the advanced modeling products website to order those masks but it's not allowing to place order. I've sent a couple emails but have had no response.

22 hours ago, DDELK said:

I tried going to the advanced modeling products website to order those masks but it's not allowing to place order. I've sent a couple emails but have had no response.

Jim's usually good about replying to emails it might just be because it's the weekend. Did you send them to  [email protected] ?

regards

Stephen

All taken care of. He is shipping them out this morning.. hopefully these masks will make it a little easier.. do they vond with good instructions? This is my first st painting this type of paint scheme..

thanks

dave

The instructions are excellent, they tell you step by step which paints to apply and then which masks (numbered) .

I got this result just by following the instructions.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235014801-tamiya-148-f-16c-block-25/&do=findComment&comment=2689615

Edited by Stephen

Sounds great.. I just finished doing some very light pre-shading and anxiously awaiting the masks.if was able to download my photos from FLICKER via my iPhone, I would have done a WIP but nobody seems to be able to figure it out.

thanks

dave