TRUMPETER WYVERN - Finished RFI posted

Decals on & most of the decaling went ok - the kit decals went on well and the stencilling is clear & readable - one of the ejection seat triangles rolled up and broke apart when I tried to unravel it but I found that the Wyvern early version kit in my stash had two sets of the ejection seat triangles on the decal sheet so was able to knock one off to save the day - I only had a couple of failures with my home printed serials/codes when the ink bled a bit but had printed spares to allow for that - I had stored the sliding canopy safely away in a little plastic box for safe keeping and overlooked painting it so need to do that and have another look at the paint job on the ejection seat - the 813 Squadron badge on the fin was from Modelart sheet 48-002 that was in a Dynavector Wyvern vacform kit (still unbuilt) and looked a bit neater to me than the one on the kit decal sheet.

Once I seal the decals with a flat coat I will add some light exhaust staining on the fuselage behind the wing and fit the jet exhausts - then a final check to see what I have forgot and fit the wings in place.

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg

Edited by CJP
postimage.cc
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A final couple of photos for WIP - ejection seat installed and canopy painted and fitted.

.IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

A little bit of exhaust staining done with Tamiya weathering set using a cotton bud and a spray with Microflat clear finish.

Next step will be the fiddly job to hook the wing hinge points, jury struts and hydraulic lines and wiring lines without damaging the parts - if I have not forgotten anything it should be completed at last - all going well there will be an RFI soon

Edited by CJP
postimage.cc
  • Like 4

Just a thought - as I was posting a RFI  for this Wyvern model I thought wouldn't it make sense to post photos of the completed model at the end of the WIP to finalise it instead of a brand new RFI post? - everything in the one place from start to finish -  I mean where there has not been a WIP then a RFI would be the way  to post photos.

IMG_5711.jpg

IMG_5712.jpg

IMG_5714.jpg

RFI link - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235025448-westland-wyvern-s4-vz749-272e/

IMG_5684.jpg

A comparison photo Seahawk & Wyvern

Edited by CJP
postimage.cc
  • Like 9

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:45 PM, SimonT said:

Can't wait :)

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:00 AM, mackem01 said:

WOW! I normally only do 48th RAF, but watching this progress I feel I may need some RN on my shelves.

Great work.

Thanks for your comments guys

CJP

35 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Fabulous!  I have always loved this bizarre monster since building a ?Frog kit of it in the 60s

Thanks Ex-FAAWAFU - I'm a keen follower of your models so much appreciated

CJP

• Like 1