1:35 Grant Tank Crew - MiniArt / Preiser / Tamiya / Hornet Mashup

Thanks Badder, much appreciated.

More progress today - Sleeping Beauty now has some 'proper' shorts on, although he is somewhat lagging behind the other two in that he has yet to experience the sepia wash and air-brushing of light dust colour:

23822381448_f2d7562356_b.jpg

The two standing figures now also have their side-arms and what I presume to be ammo packs on their belts.

Another faltering step closer! :)

• Like 3

More progress today - everyone has a head now:

37726850282_e7171662d4_b.jpg

Some of us also have an even more valuable commodity:

37049445544_cafec7bb68_b.jpg

I also felt the commander would benefit from having a pair of sand goggles - however, the items in the MiniArt tank crew set leave a bit to be desired. Fortunately, the other MiniArt set, the jeep crew, came to the rescue with a much better defined pair. So much so, that I was able to drill out the plastic where the lenses were, and replace this with Mod Podge:

37726641452_23edb36fc2_b.jpg

I then painted the rubber surround khaki, and the metal frames with some metallic colour, and fitted them around the commander's neck, with a thin strip of Tamiya masking tape for the head band:

37500201550_25eea64f3b_b.jpg

I also finally joined the walking wounded's torso to his legs, with Milliput - and a piece of wire to act as a strengthener:

37049452954_8f3e5c5163_b.jpg

37049455744_76475d3315_b.jpg

Obviously my attempts at a cap badge was a bit of a bust, but I'll have to live with that. At least I was able to add the 'back badge' to the back of his beret. This was something my father wore, as he was entitled by dint of enlisting with the 44th Royal Tank Regiment in January 1939 (the 44ths were formerly the 6th Battalion the Glosters). It is in fact a smaller version of the Glosters cap badge.

So, barring a little more painting, the gang's all here:

37049448554_029c317b9a_b.jpg

Thanks for watching! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

They look a right motley crew Clive, I'm liking the goggles around that chaps neck nicely done.

Cheers Ozzy, much appreciated.

21 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Those have an excellent look, Sir. The 'uniform variation' gives it an extra flair.

Thanks OM, I am quite pleased with how they've turned out. They will soon be taking up position on the dio! 

• Like 1

No figure RFI as such, however they are all now part of the completed diorama, the RFI for which can be found here.

Thanks very much for following along, and your comments and suggestions, they are much appreciated.