FRSIN Hawker Siddeley HS 121 Trident 3B CAAC 1:144

The Hawker Siddeley HS 121 Trident is such a lovely aircraft and it's really a pitty it sold so poorly compared to the 727. I'm a big fan of Tri-jets and I have build all of them, except for the DC-10 and L-1011 (I have the kits by Authentic Airliners, so maybe I will get around to them this year). 

The kit is from F-RSIN. I have build F-RSIN models before and I always enjoy them very much. Obviously it's short-run a garage kit, so definitely not for beginners. This kit is one of F-RSIN's finest and quite accurate (the central intake is perhaps a bit too triangular). I chose the CAAC livery as I didn’t have any livery’s from China yet. The engines where airbrushed with Alclad II polished Aluminium with a wash of ModelMasters Chrome. I re-scribed the lines on the wings a bit, because they were a bit too shallow (hard to weather otherwise). I sprayed the decal sheet from the kit with a decal spray before applying them. I find the decals from F-RSIN always way too thin to use otherwise. The window decals are from Authentic Airliners 737 sheet. The cockpit window decals are home made by myself.

6e79e4f864a9c01a7071337b98332ede.jpg

8e58c7ba312bdc378efddb8554b4c145.jpg

9ede4a66de6a8b54ed4e577571fa8f1a.jpg

ff56f7872aaa21a313e43bde05cdd618.jpg

6f15f65cbf3e9db90aedc3c373757e9f.jpg

6202674cc7b6c2a66c37a1bf95765b10.jpg

84867333406b383c3c9f120c02bb7601.jpg

a917769686d16074b1369d0e1d67106d.jpg

5e7906285aa19370097da0ed79db0302.jpg

6ef09f97f2283c30f998225bbf0d718c.jpg

The quality of the photo's is a bit less than nowedays, as I still used a normal camera back then. Still, I hope you guys enjoy.

Cheers!

• Like 34

That is just brilliant!  I would rate the Trident 3 as F-RSIN's best kit (it's certainly my favourite among the ones I've built) and you really have got the best out of it.

:goodjob:

You've really made this come alive with the photo realistic windows! And you've even captured their random spacing, I love this attention to detail. Great weathering too!

I've got a couple of these on the go at the moment and have to agree it's their best. They captured the nose and tail shape better than Airfix. I also like that the wings have the anhedral leading edge kink too.

Bring on those widebody trijets! After the A330 of course!

Cheers,

Ian

I'm aware of at least two of these kits that have been abandoned part way through the build due to the iffy plastic used by this manufacturer so it's really nice to see one completed to such a high standard.

As Ian has pointed out before me, those flight deck window decals make a heck of a difference and I'm sure you could end up with a nice little earner if you were to market them.

Thanks for posting this one for us to drool over.

Chris.

Superb looking Trident there - great colour scheme too. Like the replies above I'm also impressed how you've made the 737 windows work so well - the balanced and convincing weathering however sets it off most for me. Not familiar with the kit but if it was a challenge to build: even more kudos.

Jay

Very nice. I'm working on one of these at the moment - I agree with the comment above about the iffy plastic but apart from some cleaning up and filling, it's quite a nice kit. Certainly captures the shape of the Trident well. 

Many thanks for your kind words everyone! I agree that it's the best kit from F-RSIN. I enjoyed it very much to build it.

Haha I get this remark a lot about my cockpit decals. Who knows, I might set something up in the future.