DH 60 Gypsy Moth - Amy's Jason G-AAAH ++ Finished ++

CedB

13 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Mine is a Hewlett-Packard ink jet, I'll check for that setting. This printing decals business worries me; the paper isn't cheap, costly mistakes

Sorry TT, I missed replying to this...

I have a Dell colour laser and a Brother 'All-in-one' and both have settings in the driver that slow down the printing for fine work and / or special papers.

The laser has a setting for 'coated paper' as mentioned above.

For the Inkjet you can probably use a 'photo paper' setting and don't forget 'best quality' settings. The ink isn't permanent so don't forget to spray the Inkjet decals with something to stop the ink running - I have a can of 'Clear Glaze' acrylic spray.

Finally, if you cut the paper neatly all the way across it will go back through the printer for next time, hopefully!

• Like 2

Thanks Johnny, very kind of you...

I'll look out for your rigging build - sharing the pain always helps! :D

I've started what is supposed to be a relaxing build over here. Another kind donation from Phil (he's trying to reduce his stash).

Glide on over (you'll see what I did there...) it'll be great to see you :) 

21 hours ago, CedB said:

For the Inkjet you can probably use a 'photo paper' setting and don't forget 'best quality' settings. The ink isn't permanent so don't forget to spray the Inkjet decals with something to stop the ink running - I have a can of 'Clear Glaze' acrylic spray.

Thanks Ced :)

That really helps and averts a potential disaster. I have some 'liquid decal film'.

I get the feeling brush painting it on would smear the ink jet ink, but I might experiment with gently mist air-brushing it on. If that's no good, I'll experiment with the varnishes I have lurking around.

Slowly learning the importance of; 'experiment first....'

'Photo' setting it is :thumbsup2: .

Best regards 

TonyT

• Like 1

I get the feeling brush painting it on would smear the ink jet ink, but I might experiment with gently mist air-brushing it on. If that's no good, I'll experiment with the varnishes I have lurking around.

I have printed decals on clear film with an ink jet printer and found that (surprisingly) liquid decal film could be brushed on with no problems.

• Like 1

Thanks Nigel - makes sense, the ink must dry... eventually! Just a matter of resisting the temptation to rub it to see if it's dry!

Been away for a few days. Ced, you've done an amazing job! She look a real treat and there's not too many of these about. So pleased you built this, I'd never get around to it, far too busy :unamused:.  Looking forward to the glider! ....heading on over to that thread now. :popcorn:

• Like 1

Thanks Stix, kind of you. 

Thanks Phil, especially for sending me the kit. Glad you like it :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 5/8/2017 at 8:56 PM, The Spadgent said:

Oh I see. Two on the go is it? Great start Ced, that kit looks as old as the hills. I'll look farward to watching this from my sitting/lying position. :christmas:

Johnny knot.

Love it. Just bought the original release of the kit at a show at Old Warden and now started on it. It was released in 1964 - so was I. Truly as old as the Hills 😊

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...