"EY UP" FROM YORKSHIRE

Wizzel

Greetings all,

I consider myself a relative beginner in the modelling world having recently returned after an long absence.  I was amazed at how things had moved on since the days of Frog, Matchbox and Airfix kits I was desperate to finish being built under my bed covers at night when I was meant to be asleep - so much so that I was a bit scared of opening a box at first.  I then joined Bridlington & Wolds Scale Model Club which not only opened up a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw upon but gave me the confidence to get back into it again.

My main interests are military aircraft and vehicles of 1/48 and smaller though seeing things at club meetings and shows inspires me to try things a bit outside my comfort zone and I'm slowly getting the hang of gluing bits of plastic together again.  I tend to be fairly slow in finishing projects as I reach a certain point and then either get stuck or scared so put it away from a few weeks or months and start something else!  I'm sure I'm not the only one???  I'm an out of the box man at the minute and have only just started experimenting with an airbrush so I look forward to reading your advice and comments when I'm brave enough to show you some of my work. 

Profile picture to follow once I've settled in and worked out how to post one.

Toodle pip for now...

18 minutes ago, Wizzel said:

I tend to be fairly slow in finishing projects as I reach a certain point and then either get stuck or scared so put it away from a few weeks or months and start something else!  I'm sure I'm not the only one???  I'm an out of the box man at the minute and have only just started experimenting with an airbrush so I look forward to reading your advice and comments when I'm brave enough to show you some of my work. 

Welcome aboard, Wizzel. You will not be alone when it comes to getting stuck at a certain point of a build and then moving on to something new. I've got four on the go at the moment and am still waiting for the enthusiasm to get on and finish them. It'll come eventually. Don't b afraid to ask questions here, no matter how simple they might be. Unlike some sites, you won't be ridiculed here for asking the bl**ding obvious. And good luck with the airbrush. I've had three or four over the years (I currently have an Iwata and a Neo Iwata), but there are also some people who use the "hairy stick" very skilfully here.

But most of all, enjoy the modelling.

John.

Hello Wizzel (that's a good name). 

I'm also a new member and a fairly recent returnee to this wonderful hobby. 

Am interested in you saying you are experimenting with an airbrush. How is that going? I am very interested in various tools of the small variety but an airbrush seems a bit of a big step for me. Maybe one day.

All the best and welcome, Martin