GREETINGS!!!

Rhaven Blaack

Greetings to all and to all hello.

I am a card (paper) model builder (mostly SCI-FI). I have been building card (paper) models (of and on) for many years. I have (and plan to) built (some) plastic models.

I will be posting the models that I have built and the one that I am working on as I finish them (i.e. posting a build thread)

I greatly welcome any and all help, comments, suggestions, and tips.

Good modeling to all.

Rhaven Blaack

Hi Rhaven, welcome.  I've just joined myself so thought I'd take the time to say Hello and ask if you've come across a tool called a Slice Precision Cutter (type this into the search engine to see the website) ?  I have a friend in Germany who prints and makes his own card models.  He uses one of these things and places great faith in it and on his recommendation, I purchased on and find it very useful for accurate cutting of stiff paper, card and such like for dioramas as well as cutting out the markings from decal sheets for my plastic kits.  It has a ceramic blade which makes it safer than steel craft knife blades and it lasts a lot longer too.  Look forward to seeing some of your work on here.

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

@Wizzel Thank you for the information about the knife. It is a great tool! There are many card model builders who use it.

I too have a friend in Germany who builds and designs card models (I also beta test build for him).

I do have a question. Is it possible to upload pics directly from the computer, or do I have to have a photo hosting account?

Welcome. Nice to see a card modeller on this forum, I shall be watching with interest.

I believe you do need a photo hosting account, I use Flickr and have found it good for this purpose. Suggest you have a look on the FAQ page as it will explain better than I can. 

What kind of subjects are you building?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reconcilor said:

Welcome. Nice to see a card modeller on this forum, I shall be watching with interest.

I believe you do need a photo hosting account, I use Flickr and have found it good for this purpose. Suggest you have a look on the FAQ page as it will explain better than I can. 

What kind of subjects are you building?

Thank you for the warm welcome. I (mostly) build SCI-FI models. Right now, my focus is Battlestar Galactica (BSG) and Buck Roger in the 25th Century (BRTC25).

I have helped with designing models of the different variants of the BRTC25 Starfighter (Thunder Fighter), the Land Rovers (from BRTC25), the Landrams (from BSG), and many others.

As for the photo hosting site, I will look into that. Thank you for answering that question for me. I will also look at the FAQs (which I should have done in the first place. :rage:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reconcilor said:

BSG👍 My favourite!

I like both the old and new BSG. I could talk for hours about both shows.

I did get the wonderful pleasure of meeting Richard Hatch (Apollo (TOS) and Tom Zerik (TNS)), Dirk Benedict (Starbuck (TOS), Terry Carter (Col. Ty (TOS)), Anne Lockhart (Sheba (TOS). All of them were GREAT people!!! 

• Like 1