Revell McLaren 570s

Hi guys and girls this is my latest completion. 

It's revells new McLaren 570s (and hopefully not the last McLaren they make). This car gave me some headaches as with any new kits it has it's good points and some not so good points. Personally I really like the direction revell are now going in with the way they are manufacturing kits, obviously being a new kit the moulds are crisp and all fits together really well, the instruction sheet is a million miles away from the last generation of kits they are now coloured instruction and look to have changed the old build order into a more logical one. The wheels are good and bad at the same time, it's good they are now 1 piece but the thickness and seem lines are pretty bad, there are aftermarket versions available now of the same rim style but they are 1 1/2 times the price of the kit so not really worth it. The fitment style is pretty close to aoshima now so maybe some aoshima rims may fit on with little changes. Overall I think this marks a clear step forward for revell but for me they are still 3rd or maybe even 4th in the best league behind tamiya, Aoshima by a lot still and maybe just behind/ on par with fujimi but this is just personal preference. 

The paint colour is zero paints plum crazy purple and tamiya pots semi gloss black with some other shades of tamiya and zeros for smaller areas. I had to add hobby design carbon as the revell carbon had to be striped off during a colour change as the clear coat reacted with it. Wheels are alclad titanium gold I think (honestly can't remember as they were painted very early in the build). 

So the car. 

20170507_161901_zpskyufdpem

20170507_161930_zpsqgqtmvqi

20170507_161959_zpsf4awixfn

20170507_162147_zpsyujnjipx

20170507_162045_zpspr0hr5qg

20170507_162103_zpsiyhlpwx1

20170507_162124_zpsirruynty

And with it's bigger brother the airfix McLaren p1 

20170507_161715_zpsaxmud0ez

Thanks for looking. 

Shaun 

Edited by shood23
  • Like 6

Hi Shaun,

That is a stunning car. The colour is a real match to the car.

Those wheels look really good with the chrome stripped off and repainted.

I see one of these in my future stash...

Cheers, Alan.

Lovely build there mate. Another kit I have in the stash. I've just bought the aftermarket wheels and tyres for it from Plamoz. When I eventually get round to building it, if it turns out like yours I'll be happy.

• 3 weeks later...