1/48 Eduard BF110C- Who doesn't like a shark mouth? FINISHED

Afternoon all. 

Welcome to another one of my WIP's. This time I will be building a 1/48 Eduardo BF110C profipack edition- who doesn't like a shark mouth? 

Couldn't decide what to build so left the decision in the capable hands of my two year old son... and this is what he chose. 

I have never built an Eduard kit so it will be interesting to see how the build goes. I'm aware from some research of possible fit issues when it comes to the wings and engine nacelles but we will see how it goes. 

This seems a great kit with loads of goodies so isn't going to be a quick build by any means. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in and, as always, appreciate any and all feedback and comments throughout. 

Enough ramblings here's the box shot 

20170507_135743_zpso9xjpthw.jpg

And some of the sprues still in their packaging 

20170507_135812_001_zpsmcyfiags.jpg

20170507_135825_zpsxodnpbho.jpg

And lastly here's the bird I'm hoping to build to a decent standard 

20170507_135914_zpspecogzwb.jpg

Making a start shortly when my son allows me five minutes ha ha. 

Have a good one guys 

Cheers 

Edited by Antb
  • Like 3

Having recently struggled with the Eduard 1/72nd 110G, mostly due to some very small and fragile parts, I can attest to the good fit of the main components; the wing to fuselage joint requires almost no filler at all and the tailplane to fuselage  joint barely more.  I had no need for filler on the engine nacelle to wing joints.  At least in 1/48th masking that nightmare birdcage canopy should be a bit easier.  I'm looking forward to seeing this model progressing.

Who doesn't like a shark mouth?

Well, I don't but I do love the BF110 ! So with your permission I shall follow this thread.

Martian

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stever219 said:

Having recently struggled with the Eduard 1/72nd 110G, mostly due to some very small and fragile parts, I can attest to the good fit of the main components; the wing to fuselage joint requires almost no filler at all and the tailplane to fuselage  joint barely more.  I had no need for filler on the engine nacelle to wing joints.  At least in 1/48th masking that nightmare birdcage canopy should be a bit easier.  I'm looking forward to seeing this model progressing.

Thanks for the info Steve. Here's hoping for no issues. 

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Who doesn't like a shark mouth?

Well, I don't but I do love the BF110 ! So with your permission I shall follow this thread.

Martian

Hi Martian, it would be a privilege to have you along. Hope you enjoy the offerings 

Haven't been able to get anything done this afternoon or tonight been entertaining my son. Hoping to get stuck in in a day or two. 

Thanks for now 

I think your 2 year old and me have the same taste! Nice!

I have the same kit, and intend to do the same scheme as soon as the mood  hits me :smile:, but you can go first to find all issues...

Good luck!

I'm taking notes...

I'll follow along too if I may. Although I'm strictly a 1/72 modeller, there is always something to glean from a fumble fingers bigger scale build. ;) I've several Eduard 1/72 Bf 110 kits, a couple of Airfix ones & 3 of John Vasco's books about them so I guess you could say I'm a cupboard bf 110 junkie. :)

Steve.

• Like 2

Welcome on board chaps, you are all most welcome. 

3 hours ago, Christer A said:

I think your 2 year old and me have the same taste! Nice!

I have the same kit, and intend to do the same scheme as soon as the mood  hits me :smile:, but you can go first to find all issues...

Good luck!

I'm taking notes...

Thanks Christer, no pressure then :lol:

• Like 1

And so it begins. 

And so it ends. 

Having bagged an hour to myself tonight I made a start on the 110. However after gluing two pieces together I started to look through the box for sprue G. It wasn't there. Well, a sprue BF110 G was there but the contents didn't match those shown in the instructions and the numbers went to 33 rather than the 55 and 56 I wanted. 

Turns out I might have a sprue for an actual BF110 G rather than sprue G for a 110C. It has parts for what seems to be for the aerials. Nightmare. 

I've emailed Eduard tonight and sent pictures but having never dealt with Eduardo before I've no idea whether they can send me the correct sprue or not. 

Not happy. 

Can't attach photos at the moment as photobucket isn't playing ball and Flickr doesn't recognise the image at the URL. 

One of those nights!!!!

EDIT as if by magic it works! 

Here's what I should have 

20170508_200454_zpscjsgmatj.jpg

And here's what I have. 

20170508_200555_zpsoywedw2n.jpg

Edited by Antb
Photos work

Oh hell. I ran out of likes, I'm sold on the old shark mouth, "Loves 'em" I'll follow along too if that's ok? Hopefully you can get the G frame sorted. That's a real pitty. :unsure:

take care and and good luck.

Johnny.

10 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Oh hell. I ran out of likes, I'm sold on the old shark mouth, "Loves 'em" I'll follow along too if that's ok? Hopefully you can get the G frame sorted. That's a real pitty. :unsure:

take care and and good luck.

Johnny.

Welcome aboard john. Fingers crossed eduard can help me out. 

8 hours ago, gazza l said:

Oh dear, that's put a spanner in the work. Hopefully Eduard can sort you out with a new sprue... they're pretty good from my experience.

gazza l

Thanks gazza that's good to hear. You never know how companies are going to be and I've never had any experience with them before 

3 hours ago, Christer A said:

Ouch, that was a big setback!

Fingers crossed that Eduard can provide you with the correct sprue!

Wasn't it just. Gutting to be honest. I've never known it with an aircraft kit before. Mistakes happen though don't they. 

I think the sprue I have is from their G4 box. Someone got confused with the 110G and thought it was sprue G. 

Let's hope eduard come good for me. 

Thanks chaps

• Like 1

This morning I've received an email from Eduard, they've asked for my postal address so they can send out the correct sprue for me. Have to say, it's the quickest response I've ever received from anyone when raising an issue so hats off to them for that. 

Now, how's longs postage from the Czech Republic...... 

Im hoping that I can sort of crack on and stick bits bits together and add the other parts as and when they arrive. I will have a look tonight and see if it's do-able. 

Disaster averted, hopefully. 

• Like 6

Hi again guys

ive had another email this afternoon, the sprue will be sent out within a week so going to be a little while before any progress is made. I could crack on with the kit in the meantime but think it will frustrate me not being able to complete steps as I go so going to wait until the sprue arrives. 

I will update when I have the sprue in hand.

• Like 2

Good news, disaster averted... I look forward to more updates.

I recently purchased their 1/48th Bf 110G kit, unfortunately the decals were missing, but a quick email to Eduard support and a replacement

set was on its way, they arrived about a week later... excellent service from them.

gazza l

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gazza l said:

Good news, disaster averted... I look forward to more updates.

I recently purchased their 1/48th Bf 110G kit, unfortunately the decals were missing, but a quick email to Eduard support and a replacement

set was on its way, they arrived about a week later... excellent service from them.

gazza l

That's good to hear gazza. 

8 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Excellent news! I'll look forward to its arrival. :thumbsup:

johnny

Me too john. Looking forward to getting on with the build. 

Its been a strange one so far and it hasn't really started ha ha 

Edited by Antb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening chaps, 

its been 9 days and nothing has arrived as yet. I'm hoping it won't be long in coming otherwise I'm going to have to make a start on the 1/24 Typhoon that keeps calling me despite the fact I have no where to put it once built (as yet)

I know it's one of those things but the missing sprue has taken the excitement out of starting the build somewhat. 

Have a a good weekend all 

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning All

I am very pleased to report this arrived yesterday 

20170531_083456_zpsehcjtftg.jpg

All parts are now present and correct. 

Going to get cracking once I have finished the Mk V Spit I started in the interim. 

Hopefully I should be able to make a start within a week or so. 

Cheers 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Christer A said:

Great news!

It is indeed! 

I didnt know it had arrived, SWMBO found it outside, looks like the postie just left it in a safe place but didn't leave a note. She thought I had been buying for the stash again, so had some explaining to do :mellow:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good evening folks 

Now I've finished the Mk. V spitfire my thoughts now turn to the 110. Have to say my mojo is back for this build now the sprue has arrived. 

I've spent the last few minutes flicking through the instruction booklet to familiarise myself with the steps and ton of PE parts. 

I was pretty confident I had chosen the scheme however I'm not so sure now and wondered if you guys could help me out a little. 

The sharkmouth is great but this one is a little different and I like different. 

20170604_193112_zpsawhulgka.jpg

Problem is as a brush and rattle can painted how do I pull the scheme off especially the mottle. 

What do you guys think? Stick or twist.. .....

• Like 1

I've seen lots of techniques for brush painting mottle, and tried a few but never got the results I'd hoped for. This technique using pastels looks fantastic to me and may work for you as it's a dark over light scheme. Whatever you choose, I'd advise practice to see whether you can achieve what you're looking for.

I happen to prefer the sharkmouth scheme, but it's your model!