UFO series back on the telly soon!

Hi Guys n Gals,

as a kid, my all-time favourite TV series was Gerry Anderson's UFO.

I was most impressed to see that the whole series is to be shown soon on the Forces TV channel, so that's my digibox set to series record then!

Edited by The Cameraman
  • Like 3

I was watching UFO on Hulu last night- they have the entire series for streaming.

'Mindbender' was fantastic- both as a concept and the fact we got a chance to see the actual filming sets from the studio point of view. The Moonbase Control Room looks so high tech inside, but outside it is just plywood and translights.

• Like 2

On 07/05/2017 at 22:16, GordonD said:

With Benedict Cumberbatch's mum in a fairly large role

She was in the first episode Indentified, then brought back after the hiatus in filming when George Sewell had other commitments and couldn't finish the series.

Thomo.

• 3 weeks later...

This series stands the test of time so much better than Space:1999 as the writing, acting and direction is so much better.

DSCF7714.JPG

DSCF7987.JPG

DSC_7344.JPG

DSC_5223.JPG

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Kallisti said:

This series stands the test of time so much better than Space:1999 as the writing, acting and direction is so much better.

It really does- I have been watching the show this past week and it is surprising how well it still works. 

It is also very nice to have a show that does not spoon feed you all the answers before the last commercial- some episodes do not have any real explanation for what happened- you just deal with it as it is - that is how life is.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

It really does- I have been watching the show this past week and it is surprising how well it still works. 

It is also very nice to have a show that does not spoon feed you all the answers before the last commercial- some episodes do not have any real explanation for what happened- you just deal with it as it is - that is how life is.

Thirded!

Thomo.

• Like 1