1/72 F/A-18D (Hasegawa) & F/A-18E (Tamiya / Italeri)

Greetings all, for my first post I wanted to share two hornets in 1/72nd scale that I have slowly been progressing on. For the Tamiya super hornet I temporarily placed decals for VFA-106 just for fun until I can get some from twobobs as the kit decals are kinda lame IMHO. I have only been in the Modelling scene for a little over a year now and hope to learn anything I can to improve, also forgive me as I seem to have lost the photos I took of the build leading up to here. Please let me know what you all think. Cheers.

thumbnail_IMAG28771_zpsykcv9tu0.jpg

thumbnail_IMAG2868_11_zpszzosi5wp.jpg

thumbnail_IMAG28671_zpsio0faadz.jpg

thumbnail_IMAG28661_zpsix1c3oom.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crossofiron1971 said:

Welcome on board & lovely work sir!

Thank you! They both needed cosmetic surgery to their noses. Had to make my own IFF box on the superbug and the hasegawa hornet has a nose droop that needed a lift but I think I got it looking a bit more true to the real bird. 

Just a quick update, I went ahead and ordered the Twobobs sheet 1:72 F/A-18E VFA-14 Fighting Fourteenth Nr. 72-083.

01.jpg

So once that comes in ill try out the Hi-Vis CAG markings and save the Lo-Vis for when I get the Hasegawa kit. In the mean time I will have to find some time to pick up a fresh jar of flat black paint as my current one has dried up somehow :o rats..

Edited by TheRazgriz118
  • Like 1

Afternoon everyone, so progress has been a bit slow lately I had to cover a lot of shifts lately but before work this morning, i had a few spare minutes to at least add a few decals to the Delta hornet. I feel like i went too heavy on the rescribing i was just worried that after painting with a brush it might cover the detail. Because of it being so deep now i didn't feel the need to attempt panel lining.

IMG-20170509-WA0002_zpskqyxa0cj.jpg

IMG-20170509-WA0001_zpsi7ra9suc.jpg

IMG-20170509-WA0004_zpsormehki0.jpg

IMG-20170509-WA0000_zps9fjf0wxi.jpg

• Like 1

Alright everyone I placed most of the decals on and tinted the canopy as best as I could. Markings are of VMFA-232 Red Devils from the Hase 1/72 F/A-18C box. Thought I would mix it up a bit just for fun. It is missing the ATARS rec system in the nose but im content with it as is.

IMG-20170510-WA0010_zpsdqvcmeqh.jpg

IMG-20170510-WA0005_1_zpsj5iziams.jpg

IMG-20170510-WA0009_zps8nod9db5.jpg

IMAG2899_zpsfhpglyfj.jpg

Still need to do some touch ups here and there, finish painting the armament, as well as the sub assemblies and slap them all on....eventually :hourglass: