Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julien

RAM Models

We have noticed some talk on the forum of not being able to contact RAM models, and of orders being taken but not dispatched. As RAM models had a trader forum here on Britmodeller we have attempted to contact them to ascertain if they were having any problems etc.

However to date we have not had any response from them and via PM or email. We have also noticed that they are no longer on facebook. As we have not been able to contact them their trader forum has been made inactive until they contact us. 

1 person likes this

If you are having problems getting products that you have paid for, or a refund of your money, you need to contact them directly using the telephone on their website, or via your local Trading Standards office.  If you are planning on purchasing from them, we would advise using a card or PayPal that you can get your money back in case of problems.

Please make any comments regarding your experiences with them here, rather than cluttering up the general forum, or by breaching the rules and using the Bad Traders forum.  That forum is for trades on Britmodeller onlyThanks :)

It is interesting to note that there is no Geographical address, company registration number, VAT number etc displayed on their website as required by The Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002. Only a mobile number is shown.

1 person likes this

The Mainly Military Modelling forum has/(had?) a good relationship with RAM Models, but even they haven't heard from Martin (the proprietor) since last December, but before that the firm was well thought of. I know some of

Martin's family had some serious health problems last year and ongoing, and that it caused a "wobble" in the firm (Martin posted there that it "made him take his eye off the ball"), so that might be a reason for the problems 

people are having with RAM, but it's no excuse . . .

1 person likes this

Well I for one hope that whatever is causing the problems is soon resolved because I have dealt with Martin in the past and have found him to be an excellent chap and his company have produced some very useful things in the short time they have been around. Yes Gaz, you are right but I hope that Martin is able to get in touch with his modelling friends again and to explain what has been happening so that we can understand his position. Of course, if he has accepted money for orders that have not then materialised then that needs sorting out as a matter of urgency

5 people like this

I have raised this problem several times, in various threads. and like others, I have received no response from Martin. The website is still active, and his facebook account is still active - he was online just a couple of days ago. Martin may have had personal problems to contend with, but it takes little to respond to people with some explanation.

Still hoping to get hold of one of the VC10's