HMS Jamaica 1/350 scratch built

Thanks for the kind comments everyone,  I'll WiP the next big one - I'm in the early stages of an HMS Victorious scratch build so I'd better get the camera back out again.

Andrew

• Like 5

Super stuff, as always, modelmaking of the highest standard......looks like the bar just got raised again, very interested in your new project,

13 hours ago, andrewa said:

- I'm in the early stages of an HMS Victorious scratch build so I'd better get the camera back out again.

Andrew

will this Victorious be a wartime one, or a post reconstruction one ?

4 hours ago, andrewa said:

Wartime - early 44 during the Tirpitz raids with Corsairs and Barracudas embarked.

Andrew

Great stuff,looking forward this immensely,  they were very attractive carriers (IMHO), lots of very small duffel coats to paint I would guess,  :D

• Like 1

Have just found your 'Operation Corporate' WIP. Will be more diligent and search before I ask next time! 🙃 Am greatly looking forward to any future WIP threads you may post.

On 06/05/2017 at 7:38 PM, Rob 1 said:

That is phenomenal work, the build is brilliant to create one of the classic British cruiser classes, but the finishing is absolutely top rate, great subtlety in the shading and weathering, and displayed in my favourite method of an at sea diorama - just brilliant all round, well done!

What he said: quite awesome.  Like the little touches like the HA directors trained away to minimise wave damage as she ploughs onward.

• Like 1

I would say two of the best Maritime models I've had the pleasure of seeing,outstanding get's used quite a lot here but

very apt when describing these beauties,wonderful seascape's  have me turning the heating on!:worthy:

• Like 1

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback

On 10/05/2017 at 10:32 AM, Seahawk said:

What he said: quite awesome.  Like the little touches like the HA directors trained away to minimise wave damage as she ploughs onward.

Glad you noticed! I don'y think anyone has commented, but I also emptied the port torpedo tubes and trained the starboard ones out ready to launch.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-15 at 3:45 PM, andrewa said:

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback

Glad you noticed! I don'y think anyone has commented, but I also emptied the port torpedo tubes and trained the starboard ones out ready to launch.

Amazing attention to detail and another example of the amount of research you have undertaken

Hello Andrewa,

Two master pieces that belong in a Royal Navy Museum.

My sincere compliments. Also excellent photography.

Regards, Dirk / The Netherlands.

Not a fan of warships but seeing "scratch  built" beside it I just had to look!    Glad I did as that is an impressive build.    Wonderful, believable weathering and great attention to detail.    Your seascape, a difficult subject to get right,  suggests you've been out there or you are a keen observer.    Well done. 

That is such lovely work and the range of photos give a great sense of the life you've put into then subject. Really excellent. Well done!

Tony