Hobbyboss 1/72 G10 & E3

Hi folk's I ordered a few easy-kit's last month as a mojo restorer and with this GB in mind two were 109's used by non German air forces,I have two

Russian subject over in that GB going well so as an alternative to the 1/32 entry which I plan to spread over the period of this GB these will be a 

much quicker build,now these kits divide opinion sometimes quite rightly but for a stress free build they are hard to beat and they are dirt cheap

by most standard's.So first up will be a G10 of the Croatian air force.

DSCN4997_zpsuitschgv.jpg

Open and closed Glazing is supplied as are both early and late wing part's,decals are very crisp colour call out's are always a bit "iffy"

so referencing both mark's will be required.The E will be built as a Romanian machine which took me right back to the days of Matchbox!

DSCN4999_zpskndolu6m.jpg

I'll make a start next week once the two Russian aircraft are done.

• Like 8

Cool! 

These kits are supposed to be quick and easy but look good on completion. Looking forward to seeing them build up.

All the best

Greg

• Like 1

Good luck with your build! I've built one HB G-6 early and it went fine. Funny how they give you open canopy option but no cockpit interior, while some give you nice pits you can't even see through a closed canopy, their only option :hmmm:

V-P

• Like 1

Did the Croation  G10 a few years back and remember it being a pleasant  build . Will be interested to see yours 

Martin H

• Like 1

Morning folk's it's 109 day today got a little more prepwork on the 1/32 kit and primed these two in their respective bottom colours.

the G will be a head ache as my basic airbrush doesn't do mottle in this scale so this is as good as it gets,I find by the time I get

the second colour on the glossing tends to blend it in to a passable level so finger's crossed!

DSCN5004_zpsrmemcbgx.jpg

DSCN5005_zpsvivkzon1.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

Hi folk's just an update from yesterday's progress here's how they look this morning,The G has it's yellow ID markings applied and a 

hand painted band which from the instruction's appear's to be a previous theatre marking painted out.The E just needs another

coat on the fuselage band and both can be glossed so back in the box now till the weekend.

DSCN5007_zpswf5ueyhq.jpg

• Like 4

It's so sad you build kits at such a slow pace!  I feel a bit minuscule in my efforts as I'm still on the engine building and you are almost finished with two aircraft. Both are looking great. I see decal solutions in your future!  Psychic I am. Or is that psychotic?  I do get the two confused. 

• Like 1

Heil the Modelling Machine!!!

Almost finished only two, O Son of Stakanov?

As always, both are great lookers! Congrats!!!

Have you tried the Zvezda 1/72 Bf 109 F-2? Another easy and quick model, just as cheap and definitely much better detailed than the HB kit.

Try it, but do not tell your wife I am in any way responsible for your profligacy!

Have fun Steve

JR

• Like 1

Morning folk's,had a spare ten minutes this morning and did,t want to get the gear out so thought I would see how the decals

would behave which I'm happy to say very well so the main one's on the G10,they will need a bit of a tone down though.

DSCN5010_zpsmi8mfj2p.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Great speedy work! Have you test fitted the canopies? I have a HB easy spitfire and the kit is okay, save for the canopy, which seems to have been designed for a different kit entirely.

Many thank's they are fine,sadly the Spitfire's are the worst of all the easykit range for canopy fit the D520 I built last month needed

a lot of work too.

Well done Steve!

They indeed look like a couple of superb-looking 109s.

JR

• Like 1