Eduards new 1/48 Se5a

Just finished this . A very delicate and intricate kit that is tiny , At times I wondered if it would fit right but it came together well.

Only issues were I forgot to add some rigging before adding top wing and had to use some fuse wire which isnt as refined as other rigging. And I know they used double rigging on some of the wing points but this was a step beyond for me. 

Kit - Eduard Se5a

paints - tamiya acryllics

rigging ez-line

IMG_2266_zpsiuizyhkg.jpg

IMG_2262_zpsqbrjtjbd.jpg

IMG_2261_zpsshsppo4i.jpg

IMG_2257_zpsksghmqhl.jpg

• Like 25

Great look model, and only the second I've seen made 😊

Double rigging is way beyond my skills as well, and yours looks great.

I made a old Aura kit back in late 70s, had a base with each kit if I recall, no rigging even tried, but the SE 5a will always remain my favourite WW1 British fighter 😊

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind replies, the Se5 has been a favourite of mine since reading Goshawk Squadron, a Ww1 novel, many years ago. It was enjoyable tackling this and it's a very nice kit but don't think I'll do many more biplanes as I found it hard on the old eyes

• Like 1

That's very nice, and the rigging is a hell of a lot better than mine!  I built the Roden kit and swore I'd never build another biplane, but taking a look at yours, I'm very tempted to get the Eduard.  Great work!

• Like 1

Thanks guys , rigging was done with help from wingnuts wings build instructions and online walkarounds, eduards are a bit wooley. EZline is the only thing that kept me sane while doing it.. The kit has some rigging attatch points molded onto the wings , I had ordered bobs buckles eyelets ( great service btw) but in the end didnt use them

Edited by delta7