Valentine **UPDATED PHOTOS**

I keep coming back to this one for another look. You should write a how to guide mate, including for those figures. Top notch.

I have to say though, that tank commander really makes me think Graham Kennedy every time I look at him (google the name if you don't know who I am talking about).

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, sapperastro said:

I keep coming back to this one for another look. You should write a how to guide mate, including for those figures. Top notch.

I have to say though, that tank commander really makes me think Graham Kennedy every time I look at him (google the name if you don't know who I am talking about).

Thanks for all the comments & compliments, very much appreciated!

The main "trick" I use when weathering light coloured vehicles is Tamiya Smoke.

I thin it down with their own thinners and apply it as a filter and as a pin wash.

On top of this I will then airbrush a lightened base colour in the middle of panels.

For the streaking I use dots of Raw Umber oil paint which I draw down using a broad flat brush, moistened with thinners.

A final touch is a very pale dust colour on the lower half of the vehicle which I then streak with the flat brush.

The figures are painted with enamels.

The uniform gets a wash of thinned Smoke, before its dry brushed for high lights.

The skin tones are Humbrol flesh with various high lights and shades added to the face.

I then mix Tamiya's Smoke (Love the stuff!) with their clear red to get a caramel like colour which is thinned and washed over all the skin surfaces.

Next time I start a similar project (I have Bronco's DAK Stug III) I will do a WIP.

Thanks again :D

Angelo

Excellent. I would love a WIP for any of your builds, and I appreciate your quick writeup on how you do things. Tamiya Smoke eh? Acrylic or enamel version? I have access to both here. I will be picking up a pot and trying it out as soon as I get the answer.

Now, what was your process with that heat shield and exhaust? It really brings out the whole package and makes the model leap off the page.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments.

Sapperastro, 

I use the acrylic version, thinned with their own thinners.

The rust effects on the exhaust shield was achieved by initially applying a dark red brown,same as used for chipping, with a torn sponge until I had covered the required area.

Next, again using torn sponge I went around the outside with orange oil paint which was blended with a wide flat brush moistened with thinners.

I repeated this until I had achieved a suitably rusty look and finished it off with streaks of Orange and raw umber oil paint.

I have a Stug III which will be done in DAK colours and I will do  WIP.

One hell of a build so real rust and all,I have just finished the MK.III "Valentine" MK.IX a Bronco kit,I bought it because I like the fuel tanks on the back,was thinking of posting mine,but after seeing yours may place it in the bin,was wondering if I buying a cat or pinch the neighbours,do you think this could help.Cheers jim 

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 4:15 AM, Jim Wasley said:

One hell of a build so real rust and all,I have just finished the MK.III "Valentine" MK.IX a Bronco kit,I bought it because I like the fuel tanks on the back,was thinking of posting mine,but after seeing yours may place it in the bin,was wondering if I buying a cat or pinch the neighbours,do you think this could help.Cheers jim 

Thank you Jim, I'm glad you like my model.

Please post up yours too. I would love to see your work.

(Don't get a cat! They sit in the model box, or on your lap when you're trying to work!)

Yes thanks, I will soon as I figure out how to post my pics have opened an account with village photos,but still finding it hard have an old computer and system,will try and find some one to show me how,thanks,and did you say don't get a cat because they sh#t or sit on your lap LOL