• 4 weeks later...

IMG_4400.jpg

well think I maybe up and running again  ;)

been trying to decide which colours to use for this build the instructions say G45 which is the one on the right but think I may go for the Tamiya light grey second from the left

But Rob who is building a similar boat is using maybe the third from the right which is closer to the decals on the right of the sheet   :rage:

Anyway been building and painting still while the PC was getting a service

IMG_4401.jpg

Started the twin Orliken and painted the white parts of the hull I hate painting white  :worry:

IMG_4402.jpg

beefy

• Like 5

Kev I must apologise I don't know my left side from the right side. :blink:

The colours are looking from right to left 

AKAH G45 

AKAH 507C

Tamiya xf80 Royal light gray

AKAH 507B

Tamiya Xf19 Sky grey

Tamiya Xf20 Medium Grey

Not having a great time at the moment as the computer has turned bluescreen again not to happy to say the least 

beefy 

• 2 weeks later...

Well hope I get no more bother with this Puter here thing  :unamused:

I have painted the hull in the Tamiya XF19 sky grey and then painted the main beck Blue B15 which looks lighter then the print from the instructions  :wonder:

IMG_4407.jpg

beefy

• Like 4

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

Looking good, I seem to recall that the darker paints faded quickly...

Great to see progress on this sleek machine

Kev

Agree with Kev - it's looking good.

I'm impressed that your Oerlikon barrels are straight!!

I dipped mine in hot water - bent it - cajoled it and finally gave up and replaced with brass micro-tube.

Keep it coming (that's good coming from me who has done nothing for 3/12!!):huh:

Rob

• Like 1

Great progress! 

I've just completed a 1:72 Royal Canadian Navy BPB MTB, using Coastal Craft & Great Little Ships weapons kits.  I had considered buying the Coastal Craft MTB kit, but decided to scratch build instead.  I'm really interested in following your build & seeing how the Coastal Craft kit goes together.

John 

• Like 1

On 05/11/2017 at 8:31 PM, JohnWS said:

Great progress! 

I've just completed a 1:72 Royal Canadian Navy BPB MTB, using Coastal Craft & Great Little Ships weapons kits.  I had considered buying the Coastal Craft MTB kit, but decided to scratch build instead.  I'm really interested in following your build & seeing how the Coastal Craft kit goes together.

John 

Glad to have you along for the ride John but beware it will not be a quick one but I do hope it will not take much longer

been a bit busy lately moving things around the house eventually I got my model desk indoors next to the radiator not to close just enough to keep warm instead of working in a cold garage  :bear: Happy bear now

IMG_4422.jpg

Also started on the torpedo tubes

IMG_4424.jpgIMG_4423.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks!

I've posted my build in the 'Ready for Inspection' forum.  Let me know if you need additional information for your build.  I've accumulated a lot of information about the BPB boats, & it would be nice to put it to use now that my build is completed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/11/2017 at 9:35 PM, JohnWS said:

Thanks!

I've posted my build in the 'Ready for Inspection' forum.  Let me know if you need additional information for your build.  I've accumulated a lot of information about the BPB boats, & it would be nice to put it to use now that my build is completed.

Hi John I have been studying your build and notice a few issues with mine on the torpedo tubes the instructions have the Twin Vickers guns mounted in the middle but yours are closer to the rear of the tube and the prints are showing the mounts as you have yours

So will have to re do mine  :rage:

On 11/11/2017 at 6:18 AM, Gremlin56 said:

Put up a perimeter of razor-wire to consolidate the new work-spot and avoid insurgence by Mrs. Beefy. Nice work on the MTB :yes:

Thanks Julian already got the fence wired up to avoid the accidental breakages  ;)

On 11/11/2017 at 12:29 PM, KAYELL said:

Nice tidy room....how long will it stay like that!:headphones:

Cheers

Keith

I,am hoping to keep it this way so I can see where I keep putting things and forget were I put them   :lol:

beefy

Edited by beefy66
missed content

On 08/11/2017 at 7:36 AM, longshanks said:

You must be in favour, make the mot of it :winkgrin:

So no hibernation this year, looking forward to seeing a fruitful winters modelling  

Kev

No hibernation this year Kev got to much on to be sleeping  :crosseyed:

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Hi John I have been studying your build and notice a few issues with mine on the torpedo tubes the instructions have the Twin Vickers guns mounted in the middle but yours are closer to the rear of the tube and the prints are showing the mounts as you have yours ...

I had to do a little fiddling with the PE saddles to mount the guns at the rear of the tubes.  There's not much room to fit the gun mount saddles due the firing apparatus moulded on top of the tubes.  Mine are not perfect, but they're close enough for me.

Edited by JohnWS
  • Like 1