Me 109 G5 1./JG 300 " Finished "

Hello people !

I enter in this superb STGB with an Eduard kit, Profipack Edition , with some set details

The plane will be 1./JG 300 flown by FW. Hans-Werner Gross, Hangelar AB, March 1944 with a nice snake camouflage

I hope you enjoy..........:D

1_Box%20Art.jpg

:bye: Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 8

Benvenuto Maestro Ettore, we´re glad to have you here with us! I assume Bf 109:s weren´t stationed at Palermo Boccadifalco because you´re not building one... Best regards and enjoy the GB, V-P

Dear friend V-P
No, this was not in Sicily, but in Palermo Boccadifalco there was a Jg53 squadron in early 1943, but I do not know what; the machines were Bf 109 G2 and I did not want to buy the fourth Edward's  BF 109 kit . I just have a picture about it  in a book about Boccadifalco history.

Regards

• Like 1

Great marking choice and lots of goodies to add to your build :thumbsup: I am sure it will look smashing when finished.

I will follow with interest as the Eduard 1/48 109 F/G is on my to-do list as well.

Cheers, Peter

• 2 weeks later...

I am very interested in how you will do this came scheme.  German paint schemes are my kryptonite as I usually botch up the mottling.  Your scheme sounds even more daunting. Looking forward to updates. 

As always, or almost, I start from the cockpit: 
- I prepared the various parts and painted some

2_Parti%20del%20cockpit.jpg

- I added the colored photoetched and then I masked them

3_Parti%20del%20cockpit%20e%20fusoliera%

- Even Quickboost exhausts are put in place and the bulges

4_Scarichi%20e%20bugne%20montate.jpg

- With a Gunze RLM 66, I played a bit with black and an medium gray to create shadows and timid light spots

5_RLM66%20in%20cockpit%20con%20ombre%20e

- And finally I painted the details, you do not see well but the oxygen pipes are in olive green.

6_Cockpit%20colorato.jpg

La prossima settimana chiudo la cabina di guida e posizionerò in fusoliera, se tutto sarà buono, chiudo tutto per avere una fusoliera pronta

• Like 6

"Next week I will close the cockpit and I will place it in fuselage, if everything is good, I close everything to get a ready fuselage"

That´s Ettores´ last line translated to English - thanks to an online translator ;). V-P

P.S: That build looks awesome - once again! Grazie maestro!

Opps ! I forgot to translate into English :drunk:

Ettore
  • Like 1

Hi All

Today is Italian Republic National day, so we do not work, but we modelers are always on the piece;

I took advantage of it to work on the fuselage, in particular I fill with putty  various parts on tail with Mr Surface 1000
8_Stuccature%20in%20zona%20coda.jpg

Then, with Gunze laquer thinner I cleaned the excesses
9_Pulizia%20con%20diluente%20per%20lacch

In the wheel bay I have mounted Quickboost pieces more similar to reality
10_Particolari%20vani%20carrello%20sosti

Now the wings and the fuselage are ready to be glued
11_Fusoliera%20e%20ali%20pronte.jpg

In the cockpit I have detailed the gun sight with the lenses, in the end I will add the power cable (which I forgot) and the lights on the inner frames
12_Collimatore.jpg

After joining wings and fuselage, I used tape to adjust the right dihedral angle wings
13_Ali%20unite%20alla%20fusoliera.jpg

And this is what we have today !

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 4

Hello people
I've added other parts to end the assembly: the radiator blades, neutral  ailerons, and lowered flaps
14_pronto%20per%20la%20colorazione.jpg

15_%20pronto%20per%20la%20colorazione%20

And now is ready for coloring, but first a little pre shading: only black lines on lower surfaces and black lines plus white to fill the panels
16_Primer%20under_1.jpg

After lower preshading, I realized i was wrong, because under will be totally black....

17_Primer%20UP.jpg

18_Primer%20UP_2.jpg

19_Primer%20UP_3.jpg
All foto are from mobile phone...

Ok, now a little pause and  I'll start with RLM 76

A nice evening to All

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  All

We finally got to camouflage, I immediately say that the result is not the one hoped for;
First I sprayed the RLM 76 , then I just blew it off with white in some areas
20_RLM76.jpg

21_RLM76_2.jpg

22_RLM76_3.jpg

The difficult came after, spraying the RLM 74, following the camouflage of the instructions, it was difficult;
The horizontal snake pattern is very random, even in historical photos........

It is most likely that I have not used the right amount of thinner with the color, but I did a lot of tests and the result is this.

23_RLM74.jpg

24_RLM74_2.jpg

25_RLM74_3.jpg

With black it was all easier, before Gunze's H77 (tire black) on all undersurfaces, then the same color with addition of dark gray, and finally some areas with a mix of black and  blue H54, always Gunze.
26_Black.jpg

27_Black_2.jpg

I'm not really happy with camouflage, but I hope that with  exhaust fumes, decals and washings, the appearance changes a bit better.

Goodnight
:bye:Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 8

A few words: I'm sorry that photobucket prevents you from posting for free, ok we see if you see it from galleries in another forum:
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

Clearly I finished the kit! Hope you like it........
A question: do you know some other site like photobucket?

• Like 8

Like the build Ettore, especially since it's a JG300 plane.  I ditched Photobucket last year for Imageshack, good site in my opinion but if you look in the "Support" section at the top end of Britmodeller you'll see lots of comment and recommendations for other image hosting sites.

Max

Thanks Max

I now  visit the Imageshack site !

Ettore