Me109G-10/U4 “"Weisse 3" PROMODELLER 1/72

Wow Paulo!

Looks great.

Build is excellent and the colours and attention to detail are just superb

Handywork on the spinner is amazing!....I blew about 5 decals on the spinner of an FW190 let alone managing what you have by hand!

Keep it up my friend

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, Winenut said:

Wow Paulo!

Looks great.

Build is excellent and the colours and attention to detail are just superb

Handywork on the spinner is amazing!....I blew about 5 decals on the spinner of an FW190 let alone managing what you have by hand!

Keep it up my friend

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Bruce

Nice to hear from you.

It is coming along nicely indeed.

I was on holidays in Brazil (arrived late last week) and now I'm about to resume this building. Future has being applied as base for decaling, which I'll start over the weekend.

Cheers mate

• Like 1

Hi all

I wasn't happy with how the camp ended, so I have re-done it from the start. Re-sparayed the RLM76 and re-sparayed the RLM75 and RLM82 mottling.

ewald00121.jpg

ewald00122.jpg

ewald00123.jpg

I also added some white to the RLM82 and 75 and sprayed and very thinned coat on previously painted to add some scale effect.

ewald00124.jpg

ewald00125.jpg

ewald00126.jpg

ewald00127.jpg

I have applied the fuselage yellow band and wing chevron.

ewald00128.jpg

ewald00129.jpg

ewald00130.jpg

That's it for now.

• Like 3

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, Hamden said:

That camo looks great!

Not far to go now!

Roger

Thanks for the compliments mate.

It's not far, but I'm suffering with the decals. Too old, they started to melt as soon as I got them in water.

I've applied a coat of FUTURE on top of them and it helped.

I had to borrow a few crosses from other kit to apply on top wing.

It's getting in there (a lot of stencils to apply).

Some photos soon.

regards

• Like 1

The decals and all the stencils (too many, too smalls) are now in place and I gave it another coat of FUTURE

ewald00134.jpg

ewald00135.jpg

ewald00136.jpg

ewald00137.jpg

ewald00138.jpg

ewald00139.jpg

ewald00140.jpg

ewald00141.jpg

Next steps: weathering!

• Like 6

Hi Paulo,

Just found this and read through it. Very interesting to me as I am doing the same kit, the Revell boxing. I enjoyed the intro and the personal story about the pilot and the individual aircraft. I like the personal marking, the 'E' and the pig. I will look out for this kit and pick one up if I ever see it.

On my model I have used a few parts from the AZ models series of late 109's, they do help, especially with the spinner and prop. 

Great work on the painting and mottling. I was going to mask my top surfaces to get the sharp edge splinter scheme. Seeing you do yours I think maybe that would be wrong? Probably they were the softer edge sprayed on effect?

I will do a little WIP and post some pictures of my build, I look forward to your comments. 

Cheers, all the best.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Smudge said:

Hi Paulo,

Just found this and read through it. Very interesting to me as I am doing the same kit, the Revell boxing. I enjoyed the intro and the personal story about the pilot and the individual aircraft. I like the personal marking, the 'E' and the pig. I will look out for this kit and pick one up if I ever see it.

On my model I have used a few parts from the AZ models series of late 109's, they do help, especially with the spinner and prop. 

Great work on the painting and mottling. I was going to mask my top surfaces to get the sharp edge splinter scheme. Seeing you do yours I think maybe that would be wrong? Probably they were the softer edge sprayed on effect?

I will do a little WIP and post some pictures of my build, I look forward to your comments. 

Cheers, all the best.

Hi mate

Thanks for following.

The change of spinner and propeller will greatly improve this kit, since it's the weakest point.

Please share the link with us of your WIP.

Cheers

For the weathering I have started using Tamyia Accent Panel. For general grime and dust I use a combination of 3:Grey to 1:Brown.

Here how it is at the moment:

ewald00149.jpg

ewald00157.jpg

ewald00150.jpg

ewald00151.jpg

ewald00152.jpg

ewald00153.jpg

ewald00154.jpg

ewald00155.jpg

ewald00156.jpg

That's it for now.

• Like 3

Getting close to the end. After applying a matt coat, I did some weathering using dry pastels and pigments. Nothing worth photographing though.

I already glued the undersides bits 'n' pieces such as: antenna, compensators, auxiliary tank and landing gear.

ewald00158.jpg

I also have glued the head armour to the canopy. I did it using FUTURE as glue.

ewald00160.jpg

ewald00159.jpg

That's it for now.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...