Italeri Ju 87 G-2 - Kanonenvogel - 1/48 - complete

Here's my attempt at Italeri's 1/48 Stuka. It was built for a mate, and had some ups and downs along the way. 

I used solder to add wiring to the interiors and the canon, and used P-Mask's canopy mask set - which was perfect, and saved a lot of effing and blinding. I did buy a Quickboost spinner / prop - but lost it and decided to stick with the kit's offering after that. 

Was a fun build - and as you can see I went for a very, very weathered end result, with wet mud, worn winter camo, and a lot of grime. I personally think I went overboard on that count, but don't think my friend will notice too much. 

Here are a few interior / detail shots, and the final results. 

Thanks for looking - all comment and criticism welcome -  there's a basic and brief WIP thread here

Thanks  - Bruce

IMG_5956_zpsgwgqqfvc.jpg

IMG_5968_zpsvqieb1jx.jpg

IMG_6050_zpsqlyr9bze.jpg

IMG_6053_zpsx1wnnvkn.jpg

IMG_6054_zpsf1divvl5.jpg

IMG_6051_zpssdyyzthf.jpg

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

Love the detail and weathering. Excellent technique. How do feel about the colours; they look a little bright to me. But then I'm (a) old and myopic and (b) not seeing it in the flesh?

Many thanks regarding the weathering. As for the colours... yes - I couldn't agree more.

I used Molotow spray paints, and got what I thought would approximate to the right base greens for the splinter camo. However - once on the kit they looked far too bright. I did an oil wash to take the edge off, which was some use, though limited.

I think by the time I had scrubbed all the white / hairspray off the exposed areas were back to their full, over-bright glory. Won't be using those shades again!

Thanks, Bruce

• Like 1

Very nice job and particularly well painted on the interior. I did this a couple of months ago and although the kit has its faults, I enjoyed it. I also added some pipe-work on the engine, as it would look bare without it. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2017 at 4:56 PM, Gorbygould said:

Very nice job and particularly well painted on the interior. I did this a couple of months ago and although the kit has its faults, I enjoyed it. I also added some pipe-work on the engine, as it would look bare without it. 

Many thanks - again I agree - was a great return for little effort adding some piping to the engine. Thanks again.