A Regal HS 125 CC2 - RAF 32 Squadron, Northholt

I finished this a couple of days ago, it is the 1/72 Matchbox kit and is built OOB with a few scratched additions. The multi-coloured plastic gave me a bit of a headache with the red colour tending to come through the white primer, then a fellow Britmodeller suggested using a black primer and this solved the problem. It was painted with Halfords Gloss Appliance White straight from the rattle can.

Due to their age, the adhesive holding the decals to the backing paper also became a bit of an issue, not allowing the decals to sit down properly. I got around this by carefully washing it away with a soft brush before fixing them in place.

Link to photo of XX507

Link to build thread

DSC01975_zpshlcbvzuf.jpg

DSC01979_zpsmi6amxjv.jpg

DSC01974_zps6g4wq73j.jpg

DSC01978_zpsoqpmpynf.jpg

DSC01980_zps3rgw1glv.jpg

DSC01973_zpsuty0prvu.jpg

DSC01977_zpskeamufzc.jpg

• Like 17

Is a lovely looking aircraft this, amazing to think they were in production for over 50 years although granted it had a few different names over that time. It's a great rendition of an elegant jet this, thanks for sharing her

• Like 1

That looks very handsome and thanks for the black undercoat clue as I have a pair of these in the stash. I have the Xtradecal sheet for HS125s and it contains a number of great schemes for this aircraft.

• Like 1