You can't blame the child

A diorama just completed using Tamiya 1/35 British Infantry Tank Mk.IV Churchill Mk.VII Item No:35210 and Masterbox 101st US Paratroopers and British Tankman 1944 kit 35164 wall is from Great North Roads

IMG_5286%20850x567.jpg

IMG_5287%20850x567.jpg

IMG_5290%20850x567.jpg

IMG_5303%20850x567.jpg

IMG_5312%20850x567.jpg

IMG_5326%20850x567.jpg

IMG_5335%20850x567.jpg

IMG_5332%20850x567.jpg

Emu

• Like 13

A superbly weathered Churchill and excellent figure painting. Really, really impressive.

If I have any criticism, it would be the gravel road. It isn't up to the same excellent standard as the tank and figures and actually detracts from them. 

At this scale you really should be looking at a more varied mix of gravel/grit, with particle size and colour. Personally, I'd remove the tank, apply dilute PVA to the track and sprinkle on some grits and powders, then apply a variety of different colour washes. The extra effort would compliment your tank and figures, turning a 'good vignette' into a masterpiece.

uards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2017 at 03:47, Badder said:

A superbly weathered Churchill and excellent figure painting. Really, really impressive.

If I have any criticism, it would be the gravel road. It isn't up to the same excellent standard as the tank and figures and actually detracts from them. 

At this scale you really should be looking at a more varied mix of gravel/grit, with particle size and colour. Personally, I'd remove the tank, apply dilute PVA to the track and sprinkle on some grits and powders, then apply a variety of different colour washes. The extra effort would compliment your tank and figures, turning a 'good vignette' into a masterpiece.

uards,

Badder

also i think a tank that size and weight would sink in that kind of road and displace quite a lot of ground, that way it looks like it's floating over it. 

apart from that the rest is very well done and i also like the way the scene is composed

• Like 1