Window masking tips

Hi chaps.

I've come to the point in my enzo build where I need to mask the interior of the windows. 

Has anyone got any hints or tips on the best way to do it? 

There is a slight lip moulded into the interior of the front and back screens, but it really it a shallow lip. I'm sure I saw someone run a pencil around the lip, to make it easier to see.  Has anybody tried this?

This is my first, of hopefully many, car builds but I'm kinda at a loss on this part. 

Anyone help me?

Thanks for looking in. 

Matt 

Hiya Matt :bye:

You are right, run a pencil around the lip, then use the wide tamiya tape to cover the windscreen. The pencil line should now be visible through the Tape.

Now, depending on how brave you feel, you can either cut around the pencil line as is, or redraw the line on the tape, remove it, cut around it and re apply to the windscreen. ( I prefer cutting around it in place).

Once that's done, burnish the edges with a toothpick to make sure there's a nice tight bond and spray the inside of the windscreen.

Don't forget to mask off the other side of the windscreen as well. 

Have a look on youtube tho, there's quite a few nice videos for doing windscreens.The guy makes it look very easy, but it just takes practice.

If you have some clear acetate to practice on, give it a couple of tries first if you like.

And if you make a boob, just whack it in some dettol for a few hours and it'll come right off. 

Doesnt the Enzo come with Windscreen masks, thought it did?

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 1

Cheers for that steve.

Unfortunately the enzo is a revell boxing, and is devoid of masks.

The tamiya fxx kit I have, includes some nice windscreen masks.

Must get round to building it, but it is a scarily complicated kit, especially with the addition of the full carbon decals and pe set I got for it.

Matt

• Like 1