Eduard Bf 109 F-4 9./JG 3 Viktor Bauer

Here is my entry for the group build. Its the very nice Eduard Profi Pack kit of their 109 F/G family.

My choice of markings is from a unit that had very unique looking aircraft. 9:/JG 3 received aircrafts with a tropical camo scheme but instead of going to the war fronts in the med, these aircrafts were used on the eastern front during the 1942 "Fall Blau" offensive in the southern part of the USSR,

The scheme of RLM 78/79 was for some part overpainted with RLM 70 and 75. Looks interesting and will stand out between my more usual painted 109s. It will reqire a lot of masking.

Here the pics of the boxart and what the box contains. More detail pics after the start.

34424097075_395422196e_b.jpg

34039050010_79cec64702_c.jpg

34293052951_32cb4a796b_z.jpg

More soon.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Bernd,

Great choice of kit and scheme. I look forward to watching your progress mate :yes:

Cheers

Greg

Thanks for stopping by, mate. The Eduard 109 F/G kits are widely applauded in the modelling scene, lets see what i can do with it.

25 minutes ago, SimonT said:

Great scheme, on possibly the best looking 109 and from what I hear good kit. Looking forward to it.

Thank you Simon, its indeed a very nice scheme and worth a try out.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy thanks for watching, its my first Eduard 109 and its learning by doing.

While having a Spitfire from Ed on the bench it will be a good build for sure.

It seams that other modellers run into problems with the correct angle of the undercarriage.

:elephant:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Hi Ozzy thanks for watching, its my first Eduard 109 and its learning by doing.

While having a Spitfire from Ed on the bench it will be a good build for sure.

It seams that other modellers run into problems with the correct angle of the undercarriage.

:elephant:

Thanks for the heads up, I shall watch out for that as I'm doing wheels down.

• Like 1

Hi Bernd. Great to see you back doing some aircraft modelling! Looks like a nice kit and choice of scheme - so an interesting project is in prospect! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Bernd. Great to see you back doing some aircraft modelling! Looks like a nice kit and choice of scheme - so an interesting project is in prospect! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix thanks for stopping by. Building an aircraft should be something different after working with all these photo etched parts on my Bismarck.

That doesn t mean it has no PE parts inside. The installation of various hand grips inside the clear parts will prove difficult.

Have a great day, mate :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

:sleeping:

Not much from my build since the opening post, but i have made some photos this morning from the relative small start.

a

Fuselage halves and the cockpit floor are together, detailed and painted. The fuel line was masked and sprayed yellow.

b1

The cockpit floor detailed and painted. It has received a dark wash on the RLM 66 cockpit gray. Detail painting and dry brushing will follow.

The photoetched rudder pedals are borrowed from an Eduard Fw 190 kit, i don t install them there because they will get invisible after the fuselage is closed.

They can be better seen in the 109.

c

The cowling with the added gun inserts. Fit is perfect as well the look. One of these fine but incredible features of the Eduard 109s

Note the rivets.

d

The exhaust stacks, beautiful but not moulded open as in Eduards Spitfire series.

It felt today that the aircraft mojo is returning a little bit, may i got some modelling on this fine kit in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 6

Nice going Bernd, glad to hear your aircraft modelling mojo is returning. It looks as though Eduard add or enhance areas of the kits as they go along, there are some Eduard kits with engines the G-6 I'm building has the exhaust with a moulded recess in them.

• Like 1

Thanks for commenting mate.

I woke up this morning and i noticed that was able to look at my aircrafts, so it was time to get out the box of that kit.

May this will improve and continue and i will check that exhaust "thing" on my next Eduard kit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Good start Bernd,

Looks like a very nice kit indeed. I look forward to the next update.

Cheers Greg :clap:

Thanks Greg, it is very nice. The cockpit details are very good and the surfaces will look great under paint ( hope so ).

Note the slightly raised shape of the gun troughs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mottlemaster said:

Good call on the photoetched rudder pedals .The 109 pit will show them off better . All looking good .

Thank you very much, yes they are visible when done.

Some words of my "RLM 66" i am using a lighter shade of gray because details stay more visible.