Revell 1/32 G10.*****Finished*******

Hi Steve,

just found your thread. I dare say that the mention of 1/32 did not attract me at first.

You are doing a great job indeed and a very commendable interpretation of tricky b & w photos.

I built the Revell 1/48 G-10 years ago when it came out, and I chose the same aircraft, which then was meant to have belonged to JG 51 (I may stand to be corrected, as I am not quite sure any longer what I had for breakfast this morning...). I did paint it Braun violet (the RLM number eludes me at the mo... see previous mention about breakfast), with a green-white-green fuselage band and a green with white border 7 numeral on the fuselage... So it would seem that you eventually use a scheme that seems reasonable and fits a logical thought process.

Whatever, I am still happy with my paint scheme, as I am sure you'll be with yours.

Beautiful build!

JR

• Like 1

Morning folk's,just about finished this one now, got the White band painted one more thin coat should do it then thought will turn to Matt coating

and the finishing touches.

20170621_113442_zpszocxh9kz.jpg

• Like 8

On 2017-6-18 at 20:37, jean said:

Hi Steve,

just found your thread. I dare say that the mention of 1/32 did not attract me at first.

You are doing a great job indeed and a very commendable interpretation of tricky b & w photos.

I built the Revell 1/48 G-10 years ago when it came out, and I chose the same aircraft, which then was meant to have belonged to JG 51 (I may stand to be corrected, as I am not quite sure any longer what I had for breakfast this morning...). I did paint it Braun violet (the RLM number eludes me at the mo... see previous mention about breakfast), with a green-white-green fuselage band and a green with white border 7 numeral on the fuselage... So it would seem that you eventually use a scheme that seems reasonable and fits a logical thought process.

Whatever, I am still happy with my paint scheme, as I am sure you'll be with yours.

Beautiful build!

JR

Hi Jean

The photo of Steve's 109 was around for a long  time, but the photo had no information, so there were guesses as to the unit from the possibilities available,from the  below it JG2, JG51  or JG300

(PS IIRC  JG6 and JG 52  were assigned bands but did not apply them)

Art-Luftwaffe-Reich-Defence-Bands-Reichs

later on information about where and when the photo was taken, Prague I think,  and  it was realised  what units were there and it was a JG300 plane (IIRC...)  

PPS - some info here

http://www.jg300.de/me109g-10erla.html

saying there are more photos and the deduction process.

Lovely job Steve, has come out  really well. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folk's,last few job's on this project now juat the gun muzzles to fit and the radio wire to fit which the longest section I've done.Three coats

of thinned Humbrol matt coat has given her a nice sheen sonearly there.

20170630_102350_zpsbgifpef7.jpg

• Like 3

Hi folk's,finished tonight here she is.I'll wait till Iget a new camera this weekend for the gallery as good as it is my phone doesn't do RFI pic's

justice.thank's for all the interest and support especially to Troy and Falkien's for the photos and interest in the project,long may they

continue to help us push ourselves that extra mile,I've had to tinker the setting's for the photo which isn't ideal.

20170703_205053_zps3kloap5h.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

as come out really well Steve,and my pleasure to have helped a bit,   late war 109's have been an area of interest for a long time, amazing how  much more information and photos have become available in the last 35 years.

Photo looks good whatever you may think.

cheers

T

PS link to the gallery pics ;)

• Like 1

Many Thank's again Troy,let's hope Revell give us a 1/32 Hurricane and you can help some more!!!

Edited by stevej60

8 hours ago, spaddad said:

Now, about that Heinkel?

Had to lie in a darkened room after attempting the four part engine nacelles Dave,I will return to it soon!

Checked this thread to find your 109 finished! Looks real neat. Congrats!!!

I made this kit in the late seventies if my memory serves me right, and it is funny to see yours that is very similar, but not quite (color of the Reichsverteidigung bands and 7). Interesting to see how new knowledge alters even model making...

Superb result!

JR

• Like 1