Revell 1/32 G10.*****Finished*******

Evening folk's I had considered a couple of Hobbyboss  easy kit's for this GB as I have a dozen or so 109's on the shelf from various manufacturer's

in a variety schemes but despite a catalogue of half finished larger builds in the cupboard I decided to re-visit this one from a couple of year's ago.

DSCN4988%202_zpsgp47rpnv.jpg

It's a beautiful kit as hopefully the build will reveal I did start it but only progressed as far as the cockpit so within the 25% rule I, think the belt's

were masking tape painted.I'm not rushing with this one unlike most of my build's^_^ Here's where I am to date.

DSCN4987_zpsjp7n5kjh.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

Thank's folk's I hope it can kick start my mojo into re-visiting the big Heinkel 111,but for now I'll plod on with this one,going to limit

it to one or two sessions a week.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's folk's I hope it can kick start my mojo into re-visiting the big Heinkel 111,but for now I'll plod on with this one,going to limit

it to one or two sessions a week.

HEINKEL HEINKEL HEINKEL!

HEINKEL!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SimonT said:

Look forward to it, I keep thinking of doing a 1/32 ( I have a He-162) but the wife moans about the size of 1/48 as it is. Sure you'll do this justice.

Hold them further away from her :)

• Like 7

Hi Steve, last evening i had a look in this kit and noted the Revell has reversed some colors in the painting instructions.

Also to note is that the instructions tell that the armoured glass has to be installed on the windscreen that is wrong, it belongs under the windscreen for a Gustav.

A while ago i have made a start on the very similar 1:32 G-6 kit and my armor glass didn t last long in this position, may some sort of a support would help.

Just some thoughts, have a great day :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BerndM said:

Hi Steve, last evening i had a look in this kit and noted the Revell has reversed some colors in the painting instructions.

Also to note is that the instructions tell that the armoured glass has to be installed on the windscreen that is wrong, it belongs under the windscreen for a Gustav.

A while ago i have made a start on the very similar 1:32 G-6 kit and my armor glass didn t last long in this position, may some sort of a support would help.

Just some thoughts, have a great day :)

Thank's Bernd,I,ll take note when the windscreen is fitted and when the painting starts would appreciate any info on correcting their

error's:smile:

• Like 1

Steve. in the top drawing the darker shade should be the darker shade on your wings as well.

The shade "S" is dubbed as RLM 74 which was out of use at that time, should be Dark Green RLM 83 ( AFAIK )

"Q" is named RLM 83 which was most probably RLM 75 or the lighter green RLM 82

Thats how i understand late war Luftwaffe camo schemes.

The kit contains only the longer upperwing bulges. There are discussions that Hartmanns Erly G-10 had the smaller bulges. The only picture i am aware of shows not much.

Replacement parts can be ordered by the Revell service.These will be the G-6 parts. Part numbers and the kits serial number can be supplied by me.

They can be also purchased from Barracuda.

Its an interesting and good build, with excellent cockpit and wheel wells and a quite good fit even with my sloppy modelling skills.

Happy modelling.

Here is a link to the mentioned picture:

https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109G/JG52/images/Bf-109G10-Stab-I.JG52-double-chevron-Gruppenkommandeur-Erich-Hartmann-Germany-spring-1945-01.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Steve, does the kit contain only the "long bulge" later type wings, or also the earlier one with the crescents EDIT: well you know, the small bulges? V-P

Bernd has kindly answered the question,to be honest I have not reached that part of the build the wing construction does look

a little complicated.

• Like 2

The wing construction is different compared with other kits but with some care it will go together well.

• Like 1

Morning folk's I've firtted the cockpit and spar and while painting sprayed the whole interior of the fuselage next step is the joining

of the two sides.

DSCN5011_zpsu2rcusab.jpg

• Like 6

Morning Folk's another session on this project and sadly the filler has been out already,nothing too bad now blended in along

the top and bottom fuselage,exhaust fitted and top of the engine cowl fitted.

DSCN5048_zpscf5lu2bm.jpg

• Like 7

Afternoon folk's,well I'm yet to be convinced but Revell tell us this is the construction sequence for the wing's.The radiator matrix's

have had a coat of black and will be dry brushed,once the rest of the wheel well s are built and interior painted.

DSCN5049_zpszosaduji.jpg

• Like 2

Hi folk's,well Revell got it spot on with the fit of part's for the wing assembly,not a hint of problem's and looks like just a little flexi filler

here and there will be in order before primer.

DSCN5050_zps28by9scv.jpg

DSCN5051_zpsjfhspbxg.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SimonT said:

Very menacing, coming along nicely. I take it the MG131s slot in after?

The're meant to be fitted before painting Simon but I'm cutting them down,painting and adding later.

• Like 1