VDUB beetle dio

HI all here's what I'm building as a competition on another place.

10f8fvk.jpg
Can't tell you what's going to happen to the poor fella, think of the warspite dio, there will be at least a couple of explosions, I have a feeling none of you will know where this is going till the last couple of posts.
There was a little flash on the parts but the worst bit of the kit is the awful mold seams on all the wings.

1zycxgh.jpg

vfzj3s.jpg

15x7ee1.jpg

fwnom0.jpg

i1a8h0.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all off on hols tomorrow for a week so this will be my last post till next week, I just hope I've not gone and given the surprise away with the next pics. I'm sure some of you will guess what it is.
11tx72o.jpg
14vo02v.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Humm you could be right but it is (or will be) a dio.

Do you have any ideas where it's going.

Well, it's possible you're going to recreate a specific scene from some film that I'm not that up on.....

But maybe you're going for more of an inspired scene....

If I had to have a guess though, I'm going for a giant Gorilla or Robot hand....

Rearguards,

Badder

Maybe this will help (a direct quote from the musical of the film)

A huge, rounded bulk, larger than a bear, rose up slowly, glistening like wet leather. Its lipless
mouth quivered and slavered, and snake-like tentacles writhed as the clumsy body heaved and pulsated

• Like 2

Well some people are so rude. I'm a member of Instagram ( I have been a member for a while but only really started posting model pics lately)I don't know much about social media but normally I just post pics with no explanation so I posted these pics as it gone along, after this update I got 80 likes in one day (that is the most I've had so far) well I got a private massage saying "you should stick to drawing this is crap my six yr old could do better"that's just plain rude, I don't know them, they don't know me, and obviously a lot of people like it, I don't know why people feel they have to make statements like that. I've looked ate some of their posts and they don't even build models (at least if they do they're so crap they don't post them) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kpnuts said:

Well some people are so rude. I'm a member of Instagram ( I have been a member for a while but only really started posting model pics lately)I don't know much about social media but normally I just post pics with no explanation so I posted these pics as it gone along, after this update I got 80 likes in one day (that is the most I've had so far) well I got a private massage saying "you should stick to drawing this is crap my six yr old could do better"that's just plain rude, I don't know them, they don't know me, and obviously a lot of people like it, I don't know why people feel they have to make statements like that. I've looked ate some of their posts and they don't even build models (at least if they do they're so crap they don't post them) 

Unfortunately everyone has an opinion and the anonymity of the computer screen means that many get shared without any real relevance...  I personally can't understand the logic of such actions... what do they gain...

Hi all here's the next update (it may not look very pretty I accidentally stood on the engine) I've tried to fix it up a bit (it doesn't really matter as it won't be seen in the dio and anyway no one will be looking at the beetle.
2l930gj.jpg
ajld3l.jpg
mj1hj.jpg
2ispbk.jpg
ruzio9.jpg
6sc7qo.jpg
29lleys.jpg
Couldn't resist trying the body on it.
10qjmg4.jpg

• Like 2