Something exotic - Fiji Airways Boeing 737-800 in 1/144

When I was writing the Donaldson Britannia thread in the Airliners III Group Build last year I mentioned that I was also working on a Boeing 737 which was refusing to be finished.  This is the culprit.  It should have been at the East of Scotland Model Show last August but I only got it finished a couple of weeks ago in time to make its show debut at the Scottish Nationals along with the British Midland and Air Serbia Airbuses.

The kit is Revell with BraZ engines.  Winglets are modified kit items.  Decals are Nazca with an Authentic Airliners windscreen.  The decals were tricky (!) and required a fair amount of nipping and tucking although fortunately black is one of the easier colours to touch up and I managed to keep the worst to the underside.  

Despite the 738’s long gestation and the time it spent looking forlorn while I decided whether to finish it or not I’m glad I persisted and I’m actually pretty happy with the final result.

Thanks for looking and I promise this is my last RFI for a while!

Dave G

SAM_2335.jpg

SAM_2338.jpg

SAM_2339.jpg

SAM_2342.jpg

• Like 17

Sweet!!!!

This is one scheme I've avoided because the nacelle patterns and laser decals would appear to be a recipe for disaster. But you've conquered that one. The modified winglets look the part as too do the BraZ engines. There's still life in the old Revell kit yet!!

And please don't hold back with the RFI, the amount of airliners posted recently has been a real boost to me! I've got so many half finished models filling my shelves.

Jeff 

• Like 1

"And please don't hold back with the RFI," 

That's a big ditto from over here as well, Skodadriver. We can never have enough big beautiful birds from the wonderful world of civil aviation. A stunning livery on a fantastic looking 737-800. She looks fabulous. Cheers.  

• Like 1

Very nice job,yes keep them coming,good to see plenty of airliners on here ,decals look really good.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Cheers Michael.

• Like 1

Lovely job Dave, the finish and those cockpit windows are really excellent. I don't think I've seen that livery before but I rather like it.

(And there is another vote from me to keep your RFI's coming!)

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Magnificent result.

I planned to do a Fiji Jet as well,but I also feared the decals...

You certainly nailed it.

And as other have said,don't hold back with RFIs of airliners as the numbers of airliners posted here are still far behind the military jets.

I am currently working on a bigger number of airliners which I hope come off the assembly line in the next few weeks

• Like 1

That's rather fetching Dave.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Please keep the production line rolling as it's far easier for me to watch than build right now. (I'm afraid I've also had a Revell 737-800 crash into the shelf of doom recently, and every time I look at the broken wing tips, I keep thinking it can damn well stay there :wall:)

mike

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

Well you're keeping us busy today! This is rather special, a very attractive and intricate design. No hint of any problems with the decal, it looks as if it's painted on.

As usual a lovely smooth and crisp finish and those Bra.Z engines look good too, nice work on the winglets as well!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Thanks for your support everybody.  Much appreciated! :)

5 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

I planned to do a Fiji Jet as well,but I also feared the decals...

Alex, the decals really weren't that bad.  They were tricky and demanding rather than impossibly difficult.  The biggest problem was trying to resize the winglet decals which Gaston had printed to match the unmodified Revell winglets.  I eventually gave up, painted the winglets black and used varnish to stick little photocopies of the "Fiji" titles on the inside.  It's amazing what you can get away with on a black background!

• Like 2