After Alamein 1/35

Hi,

This is small diorama I've made last year, showing the advancing of the British to Tobruk after the Alamein battle. Sherman is Dragon, figures are Masterbox, painted with Vallejo and AK acrylics. I added various stowage-boxes from Italeri, homemade tarps and camouflage net. The Sherman is nice, but those photoetch fenders are very hard to assemble ;)

100_7621.jpg

100_7622.jpg

100_7623.jpg

100_7624.jpg

Regards!

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, DAG058 said:

Beautiful work! What did you use to make the base? 

Thank you!

Base is wooden frame, filled with insulation foam, the terrain is shaped with DAS clay and then adding rocks fixed with white glue. Painted with acrylics and oil washes and some dry tufts here and there.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Excellent little dio. With quite a few figures, there's always a danger that one or two will let you down, but your figure painting is super. aMy only query would be about the camouflage net.. why is it so long and jutting out at the front? I reckon that net would sag and droop and tangle with the tracks.

Rearguards

Badder

1 hour ago, Badder said:

Excellent little dio. With quite a few figures, there's always a danger that one or two will let you down, but your figure painting is super. aMy only query would be about the camouflage net.. why is it so long and jutting out at the front? I reckon that net would sag and droop and tangle with the tracks.

Rearguards

Badder

Thanks!

You have a point about the net, maybe I would tighten the ends with some rope or cut it a little :)

Cheers!

Venelin

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, Venelin said:

Thanks!

You have a point about the net, maybe I would tighten the ends with some rope or cut it a little :)

A better idea would be this:

lift the end up, bend it up and over the fender, and tie it down to the towing 'bracket'.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2