Moskovia Sukhoi Superjet

Hi all

As some of you may know, I have been looking to make a Sukhoi Superjet model for a fair bit of time now, and as Jessica said in one of my other threads, the Aeroflot decals that Zvezda provide are flimsy and temperamental, so I thought that I would get aftermarket decals. I am going to get the Moskovia decals from BOA decals, and I'll show you a picture of their Superjet's below, but I want to ask you guys, what colour is the blue on the engines of the Sukhoi Superjet picture, as I will need to buy that colour. References would be very helpful, especially either Humbrol, Revell or Tamiya paints, and does using aftermarket decals work in the same way as normal decals?

All answers appreciated

BetaSingh

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Moskovia_Airlines,_RA-89021,_Sukhoi_Superjet_100-95B_(16268716058).jpg

Edited by BetaSingh

The BOA instructions give the blue as FS15187 which translates VERY roughly to Humbrol 48.  You will find as you gain experience that it is usually a bad idea to rely on decal instructions (and even more so on kit instructions) for paint matching.  My advice would be to buy the sheet and then find a blue which your eyes tell you matches the lower cheatline.  You may well have to mix two or more colours to achieve this.  Blues are difficult to match.

On a different point, you need to be careful about posting photos from other sites.  I don't know what the moderators' policy is in respect of Planespotters.net but anyone who posts a photo from Airliners.net will have it removed and could be at risk of suspension from Britmodeller.  It's always much safer to post a link to a photo rather than the photo itself.