Revell Cutty Sark in 1/350 scale...

Hi folks,

This is my Revell Cutty Sark in 1/350 scale. Too small for a clipper. I had to omit several details and a good part of the rigging simply because there was no practical way of installing them.
Anyway, it was a good adventure to do something different than aircraft and armor. It took me mere 10 years to finish, on and off, more off than on, but I'm decided to reduce my shelf of doom only to those models that are not worth the effort.

Hope you like it...

cutty_sark_103.JPG

cutty_sark_105.JPG

cutty_sark_100.JPG

cutty_sark_147.JPG

Rato Marczak

www.ratomodeling.com

• Like 22

That is one beautiful model Rato! And a very nice base as well. I love the look of sailing ship models, but what stops me doing one is the thought of what it would look like in a few years time, under several layers of dust. How do you dust something as fragile and detailed as this?

• Like 2

Hi Gorbygould,

Well, you don't!

If you sneeze close to it you have something breaking, let alone dusting. I have a sealed cabinet where my models go. After 10+ years, no sign of dust so far on any models. And if I'd put this one out, sure a protective acrylic cover would be necessary.

Thanks for you kind words.

Rato Marczak

www.ratomodeling.com

On 5/1/2017 at 8:35 AM, Gorbygould said:

But what stops me doing one is the thought of what it would look like in a few years time, under several layers of dust. How do you dust something as fragile and detailed as this?

Nottinghamian's will know where I'm going with this one but if you google for the "Cursed Galleon" in the Trip to Jerusalem pub you'll see what happens when you take not dusting model ships to extremes.....

2 hours ago, Bonhoff said:

Nottinghamian's will know where I'm going with this one but if you google for the "Cursed Galleon" in the Trip to Jerusalem pub you'll see what happens when you take not dusting model ships to extremes.....

Exactly my point. I think even my wife would happy to have Rato's beautiful Cutty Sark on the side board, but the Cursed Galleon looks more like a long-neglected stuffed pet.

• Like 1