Eduard Bf 109G-6 ++Completed++

Ozzy

This is my entry, I picked it up at the Middle Wallop show before Christmas. Not build an Eduard kit before, the box is has everything I will need, canopy masks, a selection of PE bits including instrument panel and seat belts. I'm going to Montex masks for the insignia as I did like how it all came out on my Mozzie, I'm going to do the Bf 109G-6, 2/JG 52, Zilistea, Romania, April 1944. The kit will be painted in the various grey colours the using the hairspray method apply a white wash. I'm looking out for an Airfix motor, as the kits @PlaStix has done with them look really good. I've also got some figures to go with it hopefully on a base I will pick up along the way.

03de2abc986665276f9db4f9501c5b0f_zpsopvg

V-P hope you don't mind, I did a bit of photobucket stalking to find your banner.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Ozzy, I took that only as a compliment :thumbsup: V-P

Thanks V-P,

ive got a small vingette planned, with some figures, spinning prop and a worn whitewash.

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Looking forward to seeing this one in progress Ozzy. Good luck with the motor! :thumbsup::popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

you look as though your having fun with motorised props, I thought I would give it a go.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Thats a very nice project with a great kit.

Thanks Bernd,

not done a Eduard kit before, I'm looking forward to the build as the instructions look as though it builds into a nice kit.

• Like 1

Happy modelling with this fine kit.

My entry will be also the very similar F-4 variant. Looks like a good and relative straight forward build.

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy

I have built 2 0f the Eduard 1/32 E's and they go together easily , however there is scope for building in difficulty as i found if you put one part slightly out of place it can have knock on effects later on .

have fun

Alistair

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BerndM said:

Happy modelling with this fine kit.

My entry will be also the very similar F-4 variant. Looks like a good and relative straight forward build.

Thanks Bernd,

im looking forward to building it, having studied the instructions she doesn't look to complicated.

9 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Hi Ozzy

I have built 2 0f the Eduard 1/32 E's and they go together easily , however there is scope for building in difficulty as i found if you put one part slightly out of place it can have knock on effects later on .

have fun

Alistair

Thanks for the tip Alistair, I've only seen the problems with the 110 kit so hopefully i will have a problem free build.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little bit of a slow start, I've got the wings together and the air intake on the fuselage. I got the driver together and his helper, going to start on the cockpit this week.

165844649bac09acbec16db09d238934_zps71pk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Good to see it underway Ozzy! Looking forward to seeing the next update.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

i will be going fairly slow, as I'm waiting for the motor to turn up. Building an Eduard kit brings OOB to a new level, there is a fair bit of detail in the cockpit and it's all in the box fantastic. :yahoo:

• Like 1

Great start !

" Building an Eduard kit brings OOB to a new level " Correct, thats why i love their Profi Pack kits.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Great start !

" Building an Eduard kit brings OOB to a new level " Correct, thats why i love their Profi Pack kits.

Thanks Bernd,

ive got agree that statement, I picked the kit up at the middle wallop model show. The kit had 2 prices on the box, I payed the lower price to a little grumbling from the store holder. I got the kit home and opened the box I was pleasantly surprised. No wonder there was a little grumble, I will definitely get another profi pack.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks Bernd,

ive got agree that statement, I picked the kit up at the middle wallop model show. The kit had 2 prices on the box, I payed the lower price to a little grumbling from the store holder. I got the kit home and opened the box I was pleasantly surprised. No wonder there was a little grumble, I will definitely get another profi pack.

Good idea, if you come close to one of Eduards Spitfire Mk.IX/VIII/XVI kits look for the lowest price on the box, fantastic kits on the very same level as your 109.

The Hellcats are great as well.

• Like 1

I see figures and shudder. You are a braver man than I as I can't paint figures to save my life. I too have some Eduard 109s in the stash (Royal "E" and "G" boxing) so will be following your build closely to "borrow" any tricks you might have up your sleeve.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BerndM said:

Good idea, if you come close to one of Eduards Spitfire Mk.IX/VIII/XVI kits look for the lowest price on the box, fantastic kits on the very same level as your 109.

The Hellcats are great as well.

Thanks Bernd, I will keep a lookout for them.

9 hours ago, georgeusa said:

I see figures and shudder. You are a braver man than I as I can't paint figures to save my life. I too have some Eduard 109s in the stash (Royal "E" and "G" boxing) so will be following your build closely to "borrow" any tricks you might have up your sleeve.  

I must admit I like figure painting, I mainly build 1:35 kits when I opened the box with the figures in I got a bit of a shock. I thought they were under scaled until I realised they were 1:48, by all means tag along with what I've built so far it's building into a nice kit. My only issue is there are no guide pins on my he kit, i did get the wings lined up ok after a little bit of wiggling.

• Like 2

A small update, I've got the cockpit built and also the instrument panel. I got the prop wired up too, I'm just waiting for a battery box to arrive to allow for the wires to be connected before I close up the fuselage. I've also painted a couple of the figures and put the various flaps on to.

d3a08192151f5d21618828fd7378fc75_zpstg5f

Look closely for the spinning prop.

605eb1aa0d3f987d7279d284c8658614_zpsywis

• Like 5

Great progress Ozzy,

The Eduard kit looks like it builds in to a really nice 109 ootb. I must get one of these. The prop will look great as part of you dio.

Cheers

Greg :smile:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BerndM said:

A turning propeller is really cool and your figures are looking great !

Thanks Bernd,

i see @PlaStix having quite a bit of fun spinning props, I thought I would give it a go. I like figures they Bring thing to life, however my eyes will need a little assistance if I did anything smaller.

34 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Great progress Ozzy,

The Eduard kit looks like it builds in to a really nice 109 ootb. I must get one of these. The prop will look great as part of you dio.

Cheers

Greg :smile:

Thanks Greg,

you definitely get everything in the box, It's building really well, I don't build that many aircraft but this is the second aircraft I've built with no guide pins to help line things up. Not sure if this is the norm? The spinning prop should look great when it's all mounted, with the crew getting ready to scramble to intercept a formation of B-17's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Thanks Bernd,

i see @PlaStix having quite a bit of fun spinning props, I thought I would give it a go. I like figures they Bring thing to life, however my eyes will need a little assistance if I did anything smaller.

Thanks Greg,

you definitely get everything in the box, It's building really well, I don't build that many aircraft but this is the second aircraft I've built with no guide pins to help line things up. Not sure if this is the norm? The spinning prop should look great when it's all mounted, with the crew getting ready to scramble to intercept a formation of B-17's.

Sounds good!

I like the idea of dios for models but I struggle to see the ground base work through. I look forward to seeing that part of your project too.

Cheers

Greg

• Like 1

Great progress Ozzy. I'm glad to see you got the motor working okay! Looking forward to seeing more. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Ozzy

Didnt realise how ahead of the times the Luftwaffe was with their green electric powerd aircraft . Looking forward to seeing it spin up (maybe you can link in a vidio )

Cheers

Alistair

• Like 1