Nearly Stalin's very big stick FAIL AGAIN Sorry,Sorry,Sorry

Fraternal Greetings Comrades

This is my planned build for this GB

t220_1.jpg

Bashed together from a pair of the rather nice Hobby Boss KV-1 kits. Neatly using up spares from my GPW GB entry which I must finish the figures for and get into RFI.

Sprues and the rest tomorrow. Nothing much will be happening tonight except sleep!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davek72 said:

Look forward to seeing this one develop. 

Dave

ps pls what do you need to sleep for 😉

Ha! Because I'm getting too old to go more than 48hrs at a time :penguin:

9 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Interesting. Will you be scratchbuilding the turret?

Looking at the contents of the spares box I may have to unless I rob another kit...:ninja:

8 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Glad to see that we have another AFV kit in the mix.

Cheers, Peter

Thank You Peter I hope to do it justice.

tumblr_op7wkpDHY51t8blhlo1_1280.jpg

Here's the contents of my KV spares box which, hopefully contains the needed parts. If not I need to go stash mining which rather defeats one of the objects of this build Ho Hum.

Copied Cookie Sewell's Mil Mod article and have some Russian drawings so, with another pack of 1.0mm card I'm good to go.

For The Motherland!

• Like 3

Cool

I have this in 1/72 but it's started and I'm waiting on a metal barrel otherwise I could have been tempted to do it for this gb.

Watching with huge interest

Ben

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In between fighting my ill-health and brace of su projects I've been chipping away at this project and have got here.

tumblr_otfwv11XHl1t8blhlo1_1280.jpg

Stretched hull complete, it was easier to transfer the details to new sides as I discovered after cutting up the kit hulls and finding the inner faces were tapered.:rant: Turret shell built and all square :o  and the engine deck with attempt two at the curved inlets. The first was not good....and then warped....I muttered. 

tumblr_otfwv11XHl1t8blhlo2_1280.jpg

All placed together. It's a big beast already and I've not got the running gear on yet!

I've now sorted out enough road-wheels and the right drive sprocket cover just need to find the 85mm gun barrel now. As the afore mentioned Su guns now seem to be playing nice I hope to get a crack on with this now.

• Like 3

On 24/07/2017 at 0:37 AM, SleeperService said:

Hi Peter

Finally feeling nearly normal now. However that means I'm back at work on Friday :( but I'll be a brave little soldier ;)

I'm becoming quite fond of the KV series I can see more following.

Good news. I guess we can't have it all, but being back on the job is surely not a bad thing :hmmm:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

Greetings Comrades

There has been considerable progress on this in the last 3 weeks but I'm afraid it isn't going to make it for the 3rd. I will carry on the Build Thread though.

What is the Big Lad's excuse you ask? Possibly.

I took this Build when I went down to help SleeperDad out last week. He does clock-making as a hobby and I needed tiny holes drilled for the MasterClub cone headed bolts I'd got for the engine deck. He has a tiny pillar drill. It went well. I've been working on the turret here and went for the hull to check clearance. It's not here it's 150 miles away and Dad is in Lithuania again at his friends. 
TBH it would have been tight but it will finish soon I promise. 

• Like 1

I am in the same boat as I again won't finish my build, so I know how you feel. But good to hear that you will continue documenting your progress here. Maybe the extra week Enzo gave us is of some help too.

Cheers, Peter

2 hours ago, Basilisk said:

I am in the same boat as I again won't finish my build, so I know how you feel. But good to hear that you will continue documenting your progress here. Maybe the extra week Enzo gave us is of some help too.

Cheers, Peter

Thanks Peter I feel pretty stupid actually. However the hull is in Dad's workshop...which my sister has the key and alarm code for! Tomorrow we plan to meet in Huntingdon where she's visiting a friend and I'll collect my hull and catch up with one of my first crushes (her friend not my sister, I'm not from Alabama!). Life is good.