ICM 1/48 Mig-25 RB

Hi all here are some pics of my latest project ICM's excellent new Mig-25RBT built as an RB from the 931st OGRAP (Guards Independent Reconnaissance Aviation Regiment) based at Werneuchen East Germany in the 1970's. This model has been built as part of the 1970's NATO/WARPAC GB which is well worth checking out if you haven't had a look already as there are some cracking builds on there.

The kit has been built out of the box with the exception of a pitot probe by Master (which is a must have for this kit) and some Eduard seat belts. Despite the size and complexity of the kit (it really is big!) it goes together very well and only needs a small amount of filler in a couple of places and I highly recommend it, anyway here are some pics.

DSC05207_zpsjkskjuh9.jpg

DSC05208_zpsrocuw8wt.jpg

DSC05206_zpsa5fxi562.jpg

DSC05203_zps1ercb85k.jpg

DSC05201_zps8aoyesop.jpg

DSC05200_zpssy1bgwbp.jpg

DSC05199_zpsrm0omre7.jpg

DSC05195_zpsyafvfjlq.jpg

DSC05196_zps2yoq8iwa.jpg

I used decals by Begemot which worked very well indeed and I will be using more of theirs in the future, they looked like a better size than the kit decals and they settled down nicely into position. If you want to have a read of the WIP then here is a link;

Hope you like it and please feel free to comment and criticise.

Thanks for looking in.

Craig.

• Like 45

2 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

Great result Craig! May I ask what shade of grey you have used?

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I used an old bottle of Aeromaster Soviet Air Defence grey, used all I had left actually and the I hilighted the centre of the panels using Revell acrylic 371 "Hellgrau".

• Like 1

That is an inspiration Craig.

Took the box and had a deep look in to it.

Great build, super plane from a former dark German airfield.

Thomas

• Like 2

Absolutely super, loved watching you bring it together too. Really inspiring work. Where will you find the space to display that beast from the east..

• Like 1

Superb Craig. I really wish in a way we didn't have all these great models as I can't find the time to fit them all in! It's a Russian Aircraft lovers wet dream at the moment with the likes of AMK, Amodel, Avis, ICM & Modelsvit releasing goods every couple of months!

Still, I'm not complaining... What's next mate?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radleigh said:

Still, I'm not complaining... What's next mate?

Thanks Radleigh, and all of you who have left such kind words about my Mig, they are all very much appreciated.

Next up is a Mil Mi-8 for the "From Russia With Love" GB, its the Hobby Boss kit and it's already proving to be much harder work than the Foxbat, but yes these are great if expensive times for us lovers of Russian aircraft.