1/32 Mistel I update 23-7-2017

Arniec

Got some more work done on the 88, but nothing for a picture jet. 

I have glued the rudder, flaps, stabilisors etc.

I also noticed that the back bulkhead has been glued the wrong way around, so that the wing don't goes on very well.

That's it when you want to do it quickly. :doh:

I will grind the back away so it will fit better.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

I have done some work today at afriends place. I have closed all the seams in the kit and hope to put it together very soon, so I can start working on the 109.

No pictures jet, but hope to do some this weekend.

Cheers,

• Like 2

Here are some pictures of the progress till now.

The fuselage with the tail surfaces attached. As you can see I also swapped the nose cone to the early one. This will give me some advantage to the later one, as you don't need the bulged canopy. The wings are still loose.

IMG_3984

IMG_3985

Here are two pictures of the engines. I made them without the cooling front, propellers  and exhausts. These will be placed after painting.

I will also leave the whole engines of till after painting the wings for ease. 

IMG_3986

And a test fit of the part. The cooling front is a tight fit and need a bit of pressure to fit.

IMG_3987

That is it for now.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 9

32 minutes ago, Mottlemaster said:

There will be a world wide model paint shortage when you start painting this beast . im going to start a paint horde now :worry:

Thanxs for the tip. I had forgotten that I need enough paint.

Cheers,

do they sell acrylic model paint in 20L drums??  :giggle:

You could take someones eye out with that pointy thing....maybe it was used in the Luftwaffe's version of Darts!

nice progress though!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trickyrich said:

do they sell acrylic model paint in 20L drums??  :giggle:

You could take someones eye out with that pointy thing....maybe it was used in the Luftwaffe's version of Darts!

nice progress though!

Sure, You just need to go to a DIY shop and let it mixed there.:D 

Or look in a cubbord on that (German?!)barge you are crawling with to get some 20 L drums. :rofl:

Than you can send them to me.

The pointy thing will get a fuse. It looks like a sourcer on a pointy thing.

Cheers,

I'm interested in how you will manage the trapeze?  I have the Ta 154 mistral in the stash. If it would help I can send you copies of the instructions and pictures of the trapeze parts. Looking forward to your updates. 

8 hours ago, georgeusa said:

I'm interested in how you will manage the trapeze?  I have the Ta 154 mistral in the stash. If it would help I can send you copies of the instructions and pictures of the trapeze parts. Looking forward to your updates. 

Thanxs for help, but there are some good pictures and drawings in the Classic Publications book about the Mistels. 

But if it will become a problem I will ask for your help if that is OK?!

Cheers,

Here is a picture of the painted wheel bays. I first painted them black and then gave them a coat of RLM 02 (Tamiya).

IMG_4010

I will drybrush it a bit tomorrow and then I can put it together, so that the wings can go on.

O, I have looked in my paint stash and I have enough paint for this beast (I think)

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it has been a while, but the wings are glued on. For the rest still no news.

I need to start working on the Bf-109, but personal problems (not medical) take up a lot of time at the moment and I am still working on my F-111 as well that needs to be finished in about 3 weeks!!!!! I hope to do some work when that is started painting.

Cheers,

As I couldn't go further today on the FB-111A and I still had a hour left to do something else then I started to do some work on the Bf-109.

I have removed all the detail inside the fuselage for the fitting of the MDC resin cockpit. I already did some test fitting of it.

I also placed one of the sidewals. I will try to do some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers,

I know it is not much, but here are some pictures of the building start of the Bf-109.

As I said earlier I have scraped of the inside of the sidewals of the kit to get the resin parts fitted.

The left side is still clamped as the glue wasn't set jet. The detail on this MDC set is again excellent.

IMG_4029

As a reference for all the differencies between a G2 and a F4 I use this kit.

IMG_4033

And when I had a look in another different kit I found these goodies as well. I might be using some of them.

Don't know if i will use the propeller blades. As I have read that the Mistel one 109's used DB605 engines with the correct cowling as a G2/G4. So it can also be that the props from the G was used a s well.

IMG_4030

That is it for now.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 7

nice!!! That MDC stuff is awesome!   :thumbsup:  I used quite a bit of their stuff on my Corsair plus have a complete resin 1/32nd Ki-61-I Hei which I must build one day! I had planned to use their 109K sets at one stage for a 1/32nd beasty I had planned.....may still one day...Bf-109 III STGB anyone??

Can't wait to see her finished......no pressure of course!! :D

• Like 1

I have done some more work . Manly repositioning and removing some fuel caps.

I have also been doing some more research about the wheels, landinggear and the propeller. I can't seem to have a clear picture, but it looks to me that they excange the engine for the later DB605, but the prop seems to be still the earlier F type propeller.

Cheers,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Any news on your Mistel Arnold ?

I have done some work yesterday and today. The cockpit  was prepared yesterday of the 109 and today has got it's first colour.

I will try to put some new pictures up tomorrow. And hopefully also the older ones from this build as well.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

Ok, here are some pictures from the last few days.

I have partialy painted the cockpit, but it is not jet finished.

IMG_4049IMG_4050IMG_4051IMG_4053IMG_4054

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 3