AMT 1/25 White Freightliner Cabover

Hello,

I didn't do any work in progress photos of this kit as I just wanted to get it done. This is a reissue of the AMT kit. I found that the build was poor. No locating holes or lugs, instructions didn't show where some parts went and no paint instructions - which is why I asked about colours previously.

The chassis was twisted and so had at least one wheel of the ground. Some parts never glued well or glued at all, even when the plastic was washed there must have been something on it for it to do that.

When the cab was fitted, one side was raised, so when trying to adjust the drivers seat came unstuck due to the gear stick getting in the way and grille started to come away and so now the cab does not tilt.

This was my first vehicle kit but didn't turn out too bad. I found many tips that I used. Chrome parts were painted with Molotow Liquid Chrome. The stripes where decals from Modeltruckin.com and then painted over with yellow that matched the rest. In the end I used Humbrol for the chassis and Revell paints for the cab.

I took some photos on my Ipad so sorry for the poor quality.

Dave

0Nls6d.jpg

lHM1c5.jpg

qsBowr.jpg

Edited by wavodavo
  • Like 8

That looks great! Nice build. 

I have just got this kit too, and from what I have read too it is a bit of a pig of a kit to build!

You wouldn't guess that looking at yours though! Great job!

Makes me want to get mine out and make a start on it now!! :)

Cheers

Matt