Ah-1G Cobra ; 1/72 Special Hobby

Hello everyone , this is the excellent 72nd scale kit of the snake that I assembled as part of the 70's NATO group build presently going on .  The machine depicts an 8th cavalry heli based out at Mainz -1973 though I weathered it as if it were flying 3 sorties a day in Vietnam :)  ; the kit goes together really well and very well detailed , I especially liked the comprehensive selection of armaments provided . 

Painted with acrylics and weathered using airbrush post shading , oil wash and chalk pastel for simulating dust . 

IMG_1606_zpsptwgth2n.jpg

IMG_1561_zpsn4mx2tfp.jpg

AACFF94D-E281-4E7D-849C-2BC50D9C54E9_zps

IMG_1547_zpskkxn0uo5.jpg

B17C255B-538F-4108-B1DB-6F8F364D8E35_zps

Regards ,
Basu Roy

• Like 34

Great model, beautiful painting and far out weathering!

I love it!

JR

• Like 1

Thank you everyone , appreciate all the kind words :) 

Excellent work.  Love it.  Wish you would have used the Werner's Wings tail rotor though.  Both AZ and Special Hobbies have the incorrect tail rotor.  As an ex-Cobra driver it just bothers me some.  It doesn't detract from your great work

Floyd

• Like 2

19 hours ago, FloydWerner said:

Excellent work.  Love it.  Wish you would have used the Werner's Wings tail rotor though.  Both AZ and Special Hobbies have the incorrect tail rotor.  As an ex-Cobra driver it just bothers me some.  It doesn't detract from your great work

Floyd

Thanks ,  it must have been sheer fun to fly this very sleek chopper :)  ; Didn't know about the rotor and appreciate the clarification as I will prolly purchase another one of these kits , preferably one that has decals for the Turkish machines ( like their camo ).