Airfix 1:72 BAe Hawk T2

Revitalizing the production line starting this spring is finally starting to result in some completions for 2017. This is the Airfix Hawk, which I am pretty familiar with by now. The decals come from Combat Decals sheet 72004 (Test and Development Hawks). I'm a sucker for promotional schemes like this, and it won't be my last from this sheet. 

I did use a Master nose probe on this one. A very fine delicate part, much nicer than the kit part. I do wish it has been produced in steel rather than bronze, which necessitated painting the piece. I made something of a clumsy job on it. Still, another in a long line of Hawks. 

This is completed aircraft #469 (2 aircraft, 0 ordnance, 1 vehicle for the year), finished in April of 2017.

DSC_0685_zpsjuzoz01n.jpg

DSC_0686_zpsofwrv4f9.jpg

And here are a couple of shots of my only upstairs display case, currently used only for Tornados, Eurofighters, Hawks, and Hurricanes. And even it is running out of space.

DSC_0689_zpsvujtadpk.jpg

DSC_0691_zpsocm5euua.jpg

DSC_0690_zpsnqi3uvxg.jpg

More details and the occasional progress shot available on the 72 Land blog. 

• Like 17

A very nice build,  for something without proper propulsion ;) ,   but I got distracted by the 527 Calibration Squadron Hurri. in your display cabinet.  Did that one ever make it into RFI?  If not can we have a couple of pictures please.