Sea Vixen markings

styreno

I have a stalled project due to decal problems. It is a 1/72 Sea Vixen, ex-Frog decals. The red markings on the top/back of the aircraft, presumably no-walk areas, are not supplied. As this is such a prominent feature of the appearance of the aircraft,I am reluctant to proceed beyond basic assembly. I am aware of the Print Scale sheet (illustrated), but have not found a local supplier. 

Would anyone reading this have a spare set of these red markings, from the Revell release or otherwise, they would be willing to part with for a fair price?

(can't seem to link to image http://www.printscale.org/product_160.html)

Edited by styreno
missing image link
  • Like 1

People have reported problems with Print Scale decals cracking up.

Model Art Have done some as did Modeldecal donkey's years ago as have others.

I will have a spare sets of 72nd markings, off the top of my head I can't remember make etc.

Drop me a PM with your address.

I tend to use finely cut red decal strip, as some of the decal sheets over do this area a bit.  It is a right pain though!

Thanks all for the sensible suggestions. Assembling the complex pattern of the no-walk areas from straight-line decal I do find a bit daunting:huh:

Yes, I have heard that the Print Scale products can be finicky; I have used one of their sheets and the individual decals were extremely fragile, tending to fold over on themselves. Otherwise good.

KE