Trumpeter Flakpanzer E-50 & E-75

Mig Eater

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows what the differences between Trumpeter's 1:35 Flakpanzer E-50 & E-75 kits are? From looking at pictures online it looks like they are exactly the same other then the amount of wheels and suspension. The turret seams to be the same as the one designed for the Panther Coelian tho which I've seen two different sized turrets for, one with 37mm guns and a bigger version with 55mm guns. So does the E-50 use the 37mm version & the E-75 the 55mm or do both kits use the same turret/weapon and if so which one? To me it looks like they both have the 55mm turret but I'm looking for conformation...

Edited by Mig Eater

Double post! (What are the rules about posting after yourself on this forum?)

So I did some more research & can confirm that the Trumpeter Flakpanzer E-50 & E-75 both use the same 55mm turret, so the only difference between the kits is the amount of wheels. A bit lazy on Trumpeter part IMO, they could have have easily combined the two kits into one. I have the Flakpanzer E-75 kit which is ok with the 55mm turret, I may get the Dragon Coelian kit and use it's turret on a E-50 for some variation (the E-50 turret can go on the Coelian to make a Panther Ausf.F too :P)

For anyone interested:

panther+37+flak+44.jpg

55mm+flak+panther.jpg

• Like 1

Another option for anyone wanting to add some variation to their E-50 & E-75 Flakpanzers is the Custom Scale 8,8cm Flak 41 turret, which like the above two was also originally designed to be fitted on the Panther tank. I'm starting to lean towards a 55mm E-50 & an 88mm E-75 now :hmmm:

image.jpg