I always use it to replicate simple almost 2-dimensional detail and when I do not intent to remake the same part later as the stuff is reuseable. For example I made a mold of a Hasegawa 1:48 Sea King door, which is moded shut on the Hasegawa kit. I put this Blue Stuff in hot water to make it soft and pressed it on the Hasegawa fuselage with the closed door. Then after cold I pulled the Blue Stuff off and filled it with Milliput to get the door detail. After that I could cut the door from the fuselage, repaired some details and had a seperate door made of Miliput. Quite simple.

It works OK but BlastVader is correct regarding the air bubbles. One more thing which makes it dificult to use is the transparent nature - I find it next to impossible to judge the quality of the mold detail until I did use it for the cast. So be ready for a little clean up. Still the stuff makes absolute sense to me: It is cheap, easy to use and resusable. So whenever I am too stingy to use RTV I use this Blue Stuff. I used it for Milliput, resin and clay so far.

Get more than two sticks - they are quite small.

René

I got some of this a couple of years ago but it was called "oyumaru" and it was from Japan. I found for one part push moulds for small pieces like a space marine shoulder pad or rhino door detail it worked very well when used with Milliput. I could never get it to work with a two part mould. There are several tutorials on youtube, if memory serves this was quite informative: If for no other reason than the use of lego as a reusable box :D 

• Like 1

Nice, I need to clone a few simple parts & was looking into the usual method of using resin in a silicon mould. Which seamed a bit over the top for my needs, blue stuff & Milliput should work perfectly though :D

Edited by Mig Eater

On 5/3/2017 at 0:33 AM, andyf117 said:

A tub of Play-Doh, and the two-part Fastglas resin you can buy in Halfrauds or similar motor spares/accessories shop works brilliantly for under a tenner all-in - the Play-Doh (99p) is reusable over and over again, and a 250ml can of resin (£5) and 20ml tube of hardener (£2.99) will last for ages (depending on how many and what size parts you're casting, obviously)......

....Put Play-Doh into suitable-size container for the part to be cast, level off, push original in, ease out, mix resin, pour, wait 30mins or so, et voila.....

....Just don't buy red/pink Play-Doh, as that's the colour of the resin!

I like your idea and will probably give is a go, thanks.

• Like 1