This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Jessica

In my mail box of late

Nice collection.

What connection does Ed White doing a spacewalk have with a Lockheed Tristar though?

Hello, Jessica

I agree with John, nice collection. Is there a possibility to post a photo or two of trees of that Tu-104? I got a Tu-104 kit as a kid, ruined it completely, and to this day I wonder to which company the original mould belonged to. Cheers

Jure

5 hours ago, John_W said:

Nice collection.

What connection does Ed White doing a spacewalk have with a Lockheed Tristar though?

You can't get more "Trans World" than by flying in space? The artist was having an "out of this world" experience? They were flying to Florida? I don't know. It was the early '80s and Hasegawa's artists did that sort of thing. Look at the DC-10. What connection does it have with some pioneers driving a covered waggon through a desert?

3 hours ago, Jure Miljevic said:

Hello, Jessica

I agree with John, nice collection. Is there a possibility to post a photo or two of trees of that Tu-104? I got a Tu-104 kit as a kid, ruined it completely, and to this day I wonder to which company the original mould belonged to. Cheers

Jure

I can get a photo up after work this afternoon.

You are correct. Northwest Orient was founded in Minnesota. All those images are Midwest or West Coast. Lord knows what they put on the Alaskan Airlines boxes.

2 hours ago, John_W said:

You are correct. Northwest Orient was founded in Minnesota. All those images are Midwest or West Coast. Lord knows what they put on the Alaskan Airlines boxes.

A fish? As usual, reality disappoints. They did a boring generic tundra. They ought to have done Denali at least...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jessica said:

Look at the DC-10. What connection does it have with some pioneers driving a covered waggon through a desert?

'Cos a riding covered wagon through a desert is more comfortable than modern air travel...and the wagon has more liquid refreshment?

Badum-dum! 

Yes, I know...coat time AGAIN! :)

Edited by mhaselden

1 hour ago, mhaselden said:

'Cos a riding covered wagon through a desert is more comfortable than modern air travel...and the wagon has more liquid refreshment?

Badum-dum! 

Yes, I know...coat time AGAIN! :)

And you're getting dragged by the horses, not the airport cops...

Hi,

there is a thread in Genral chat about what we have last purcahsed, please use that and dont start individual threads in individual areas.

Thanks

Julien