F-35A into combat?

Slater

22 minutes ago, colin said:

Funny enough, just been reading on the news about this strike, with no mention of F-35's being used, two minutes before reading this.

This strike (which occurred in January) or the one reported today at the airport near Damascus?

That's why the Israeli's were given the F-35 so soon...to get the bugs worked out. Over the years, the Israeli's have shown that they can develop, operate, and, sometimes, improve, the weapons systems that they acquire. If any country can bring the F-35 into the fight, without protracted (and artificial) development, the Israeli's can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slater said:

IIRC, Israel is the only F-35 operator authorised to install their own electronic bits into the aircraft.

I think the UK has authorisation to do that as well due to having First Tier partner status in the program.

17 hours ago, Mike said:

The first person to use the phrase "white elephant" or any derivative has to make a £10 donation to Models for Heroes :tease:

6 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

El Blanco Big-Fella-Trumpeto.......

I'll get me coat. 

Chris.

Get yer wallet more like! :fight::tease:

• Like 1

On 28/04/2017 at 1:47 PM, Marv said:

That's why the Israeli's were given the F-35 so soon...to get the bugs worked out. Over the years, the Israeli's have shown that they can develop, operate, and, sometimes, improve, the weapons systems that they acquire. If any country can bring the F-35 into the fight, without protracted (and artificial) development, the Israeli's can.

Necessity being the mother on invention, I guess. 

Honestly? I doubt its true. Its a needless risk to send a $100M aircraft into the fray without building up all the doctrinal and logistical support arrangements to minimize risk and ensure success. While the F-35 easier to integrate than other comparable aircraft, its not that easy. 

Romours been floating around the last few weeks, nothing to say it's true, so can't call it the dreaded F-N news, there are reasons to doubt the claims but true to say it's certainly plausible and indeed can be pretty certain if untrue when the first combat deployment happens it will be by the Israelis.