Hi from OZ!

Possibly Apocryphal

Hi, Britmodellers!

I'm Adam.  I'm from Australia.  Been making models of one sort or another pretty much constantly for about 45 years.  I grew up on Airfix and Matchbox kits, and over the years I've made aircraft, armour, figures, the occasional car and ship, but for the last 10 years or so, most of my modelling has been wargame figures.  When I was a kid, I was heavily influenced by Brian Philpott's books "How To Go Plastic Modelling", and "How To Go Advanced Plastic Modelling.", so I've always had a strong aversion to building models straight from the box.  Back then, of course, all extra detail you added had to be scratchbuilt, and those books of Brian's, along with the magnificent Airfix Magazine taught me how to do all that.  Since then I've traveled down the resin & photoetch road and there's some great stuff there, but part of me misses the old days.  So I've dusted off (literally!) an old Airfix Skyraider that I haven't touched in about 20 years, and we'll see what I can manage on my own with no input at all from the Honourable Guild of Resinsmiths and Photoetchers.

Cheers!