Takom T-55AM, Morskaya Pekhota

Hi everyone,

My first completion for the year, Takom's T-55AM in Soviet Naval Infantry colours. I used Star Decals set 35-C-1054 to represent a vehicle belonging the 111th Tank Regiment, 61st Guards Brigade, Northern Fleet. It's not 100% accurate as that unit seems to have had a preference for removing the side skirts from their T-55AM's but I bought the sheet after I'd started the painting process and I prefer how it look's with the skirts! It also meant I didn't have to do a full track run either.....:whistle:

Colours are mainly Humbrol over Tamiya primer, 86 Light Olive with 67 Tank Grey for the rubber portions of the skirts. Tracks were done using 170 Track colour over a Tamiya NATO Black base, then dry brushed with 270003 polished steel and 53 Gunmetal. Weathering was done with 29 Dark Earth, 32 Dark Grey and 93 Desert Yellow. Apart from the Tamiya paints, which were sprayed, it's all done using a brush.

On to the pics:

T-55AM 01

T-55AM 02

T-55AM 03

T-55AM 04

T-55AM 05

T-55AM 06

T-55AM 07

T-55AM 08

Mike.:)

Edited by MikeR
  • Like 15

Thanks guys!B)

I forgot to mention that it's essentially OOB, though I replaced the tow cables with Karaya items as I wasn't impressed with the kit ones.

Mike.:)

Superb build , T-55 AM and AMV are awesome looking vehicles .

You captured the purposeful look of this beast really nicely ,  as Andy said the Naval Infantry markings make this a cut above the norm IMO

Fantastic ! .

• Like 1