Voting on your own build in the Gallery

Basilisk

Nobody knows you´ve voted yourself, it´s like being a candidate in a political vote. You get two votes, you thank your wife for support, you get just one vote and your wife should look guilty... I´ve had the fortune to get one vote in two group builds, if I recall that correctly. Both times it has been a magnificent feeling of joy, but also made me want to post EVERYWHERE that "it wasn´t me, I didn´t vote my own build!" Of course it helps if you build models that deserve votes - mine definitely don´t :P Best regards, V-P 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't do it. I build models for myself and I never expect them to get any votes. I know there are better model makers building better kits who have better cameras and better camera camera skills than me.

Also I'm not a competitive person, the only time I enjoy winning is when it annoys bad losers.

• Like 4

It's a thing where it's best not done, but if everyone votes for themselves, it cancels out.  What's worse is when people canvas friends and acquaintances to vote for them, irrespective of whether the vote is deserved or not.  We've had a few instances of this over the years, and immediately disqualify the person canvassing, especially if there are prizes to be had.  Definitely don't do the latter... it's VERY bad form, and usually leads to a suspension and a yellow card. :fraidnot:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

What an odd question, its like kissing yourself in the mirror because you love yourself...

...so that's not normal then? :blink::blush: Of course, I would never do that, but I'm asking for a friend ^_^

742781c9260a080fe47b1e6eb10523af.jpg

055901419c61b7d6cf08786de19903e9.jpg

lion-licking-his-own-balls-this-is-you-l

d9f4dd3f52ffab989427af0d74b95bd9_liking-

I could go on :wicked:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, if you really think that yours is the best, go ahead and vote for it.  If you don't, then vote for the one that out-impressed you!

"I cannot agree with those who rank modesty among the virtues. To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are, and to underestimate one's self is as much a departure from truth as to exaggerate one's own powers."  - Sherlock Holmes

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...