Both airbrushes splattering?

RiotRolo

Hi, 

Having an issue where the paint is splattering, I dont think its the paints as I have just bought them and it has been point it before. I tried different thicknesses of paint and also thinned it down. I turned my Psi from 10-30 and it still splatters and also whilst changing the psi I used different trigger pressures. 

I have a badger 150 and a cheap £10 airbrush. They both do it. I changed the needle in the cheap one although am unsure if that is perfect, The badger is quite old and I used to use it when I had no clue how to clean airbrushes etc so could be a chance it is that.

Also, with my badger, the o- ring easily slides.  

Does anyone have an idea what it is? I have tried a lot but nothing seems to work. I am hedging my bets that both airbrushes need new parts and the cheap one probably could do with a temporary fix.

I will link  a photo of the splatter.

I'm far from an expert in airbrushes, but usually if I get splatter I check that the nozzle is clean (with an cotton bud/Q tip) and drain the water/moister filters. My first airbrush (a Neo) started splattering/spitting and it turned out to be a cracked nozzle, so you could be correct about needing replacement parts.

But at least this will bump your post and hopefully someone more knowledgeable will help.

Check the tip of the needles and nozzles. 

A tiny bend at the tip (easily done) will allow a bit of paint to collect/ball up on it. This builds up till overcome by the air, then gets flung off as a splat. Repeat as many times necessary etc. 

Other is a hairline crack in the nozzles (from over zealous needle insertion after cleaning) 

This will allow some paint to seep and collect till whisked away by the air and make a splat. Then it repeats etc. 

👍🏿

• 5 weeks later...

I just got a new airbrush and compressor and I'm having the same issue regardless of which airbrush I use. I'm wondering if its the seals, since when the compressor is switched off, a bit of air escapes. This didn't happen on my old airbrush until fairly recently. 

I had also checked the needle and it looks fine and straight, though I may inspect the nozzle too.

Gaz