1/144 Roden British Eagle Bristol Britannia G-AOVC

Thanks for the praise Meatbox8, you're right 26 have released the Britannia boxed with these decals and for a very nice price too! I think Ray has just bought a job lot of bagged kits which he is reboxing with his decals rather than any formal licencing agreement. I can promise you won't be disappointed if you do buy one to fill that Britannia shaped hole!

No, thank you Mike, you inspired me to get the hairdryer out!

I'm pretty sure I used Humbrol 19 for the tail, Buzz.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Great job. Great subject. Great Airline*.

I remember the sad sight on a  Saturday morning going past the Eagle hangars a couple of days after they folded on Routemaster 285 to Central. Just about the whole fleet parked up outside.

Well done,thanks for showing !!

*maybe

Edited by bzn20
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

I know this is a blast from the past, but what a result! These markings are fabulous, I had just been looking at Ray's 26Decal options for the Britannia, and this is the one I wanted to do, having flown in one in my younger youth!

All the best,

Ray

Hi Ian! Wow! I am so thankful that someone “dug this up” from two years before I was a member here. This is absolutely one of the finest builds I’ve seen of yours! Absolutely love this one.  Most particularly the Attention to tiny details that really matter, in the days just prior to having the availability of ready built ones. The Britannia is such a beautiful airplane...and you’ve done her a great justice here. I can certainly appreciate the shiny decals, too...they provide for exact realism In the detail where it counts. Hope the hair dryer was selected ”cold” while you were photographing! Most excellent pictures, too! :clap2: