1/48 AFV Club F-5E Tribute Build

amason61

I was contacted a few months ago by a former USAF Aggressor pilot who saw one of my builds of the AFV Club F-5E who wanted to have a commission build done of his jet.  After numerous email conversations with Mr. Bowen it became clear that my reasonable commission price was out of his range.  But every year for the past 5 years I have built a tribute build for a pilot or relative of a pilot and presented them with the model at no expense.  Long story short, I told Mr. Bowen that I had another AFV F-5E and would be glad to build his jet for him.

This weekend the wife and I are heading to Knoxville to pick up our youngest from Bible College.  Ont he way, we plan to meet up with Mr. Bowen just shy of Atlanta and present him with the completed model -- complete with his name on the canopy rail and, for the first time -- I put my name on the opposite side as the Crew Chief!  Here is the final product.

Can't wait to meet him and present him with his jet.  Will share presentation pictures later this weekend.

IMG_6096_zpsmtgueknb.jpg

IMG_6095_zpsugkn56d9.jpg

IMG_6092_zpscffjv2hj.jpg

IMG_6091_zpshbkfvmub.jpg

IMG_6088_zpsqhe5znbl.jpg

IMG_6093_zpsfhcigvtf.jpg